Solved

Where is my phone number and transaction code?

• 15 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Just received my phone and sim. I want to port my old number and have a PAC code but there is no sign on ID new mobile number and transaction code so I can register on the app and keep my old number. I’ve checked all e mails - order, confirmation of DD and confirmation of phone despatch but the info is not on there. Thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 15 November 2022, 17:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Tynan, your new SIM card from iD is ready to use, so just pop it into a phone, and call a friend or family member so they can tell you the current mobile number for this new SIM.

Then you can register for your iD My Account online, without needing the transaction code - once you’ve registered you can submit your PAC via your My iD Account.

FYI, the transaction code should be printed on the invoice that should’ve been supplied with the order items you received from iD Mobile.

Anyway, good luck @Tynan.  

Thanks for the help @Andewhite, this has helped but the instructions for swapping did say all would be on my invoice so a bit misleading. Now on my 3rd attempt to get a security code from ID for registering with the app. Not a great experience so far!!!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Now on my 3rd attempt to get a security code from ID for registering with the app. Not a great experience so far!!!!

Indeed @Tynan - I had a similar experience when I joined iD Mobile.

I ended up trying to register once a day over several days before the security code was delivered in a timely manner. I’ve found iD are great when everything works but, they’re so very frustrating when things don’t work as expected.

Anyway, good luck @Tynan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for the help @Andewhite, this has helped but the instructions for swapping did say all would be on my invoice so a bit misleading. Now on my 3rd attempt to get a security code from ID for registering with the app. Not a great experience so far!!!!

Hey @Tynan,

Sorry to hear you’re not having the best start.

Did you get this sorted or would you like some additional support on this?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?