Question

Where is my sim card?

• 24 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have ordered a sim card approximately two weeks ago, but I have not yet received it.

I also have not received any email from DPD, the courier who is supposed to be handling the delivery.

There is no number I can call, and the live chat function is always busy.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry @jjmpr, but sounds like your iD SIM card order has been lost in transit.

iD Mobile send their SIM card orders using Royal Mail 1st class post, and advise allowing 3-5 working days for delivery from the date of dispatch. The date of dispatch is usually the date you got your iD Mobile order complete email.

You can also get a replacement SIM at any Currys store, or persevere with live chat for a replacement. Your replacement iD SIM card will need to be activated online before use.

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/sim-swap

Good luck @jjmpr.  

Userlevel 1

Thank you! This is not a great start with ID Mobile to be completely honest

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I agree, not ideal @jjmpr

If you’ve purchased a 1-month rolling SIM only plan, maybe it’s time to cut your losses, give your 30-days notice and use another service provider? 

Userlevel 1

Let me see if I can get a hold of customer service in the next few days… Any suggestion on how to get through to a human?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, iD Mobile don’t provide a telephone support helpline.

The closest you get to a human agent is if you’re using live chat, and type “talk to a person” after connecting.

Alternatively, contact iD Mobile privately on Facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM), for assistance with your missing SIM only order @jjmpr.

Customer support agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jjmpr,

We hope that you issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?