Solved

Why am i being isssued a new SIM card

Userlevel 1

Hello again!

I received a text message yesterday telling me “Good news, your new SIM is being activated”. Then, an hour later, my network signal disappeared. 

Problem is I didn’t order a new SIM. My existing one was working just fine. 

This has happened before, which makes this doubly frustrating. 

I urgently need someone from ID Mobile to reactivate the network onto my old (current) SIM. This is what they did to fix the problem last time.

As it’s the second time this has happened I also need to know why it’s happening, and that someone is fixing it so that it wont happen a third time.

it’s incredibly annoying as I’m away from the UK on holiday and I have no signal!

Interestingly, the first time this happened 2 months ago, I had also been overseas. I wonder if this is causing some kind of glitch in the ID Mobile system to auto trigger a new SIM?

Please can someone from ID Mobile sort this out for me urgently, as I’m overseas and this is my only form of communication.

icon

Best answer by LEEJA 4 August 2023, 18:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @LEEJA,

Have you upgraded your contract recently?

If so, we send a replacement SIM with SIM only upgrades.

This SIM is blank but I have seen users log into the app and accidentally activate.

This then switches services to that SIM and your old SIM is de-activated.

We can’t re-activate the old one and the only way to fix this is to put the new SIM in or get a replacement SIM.

Replacement SIMs can only be sent to a UK address so unless someone is forwarding this to you abroad, it’ll be a little hard to sort.

As for how to stop it happening, currently, we have stopped sending replacement SIM cards with phone upgrades and we hope to soon stop sending these with SIM upgrades also.

Currently, no eta on when this will happen.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed

no I haven’t upgraded, and haven’t been anywhere near app.

this same thing happened last time too, and whoever helped me, managed to switch network back to my SIM no problem.

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed

I checked and you kindly helped me with this last time. Your fix at that time: 

I've activated the SIM [  ] which you said you still have and this will be working within the hour.

If you can restart in an hour and test for us please.

Kind Regards,
Mohammed

Tom has replied to me via private message. I’m hoping that one of you can get my network back hooked up to my current SIM?

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed

I still have no signal and it’s been 5 days now. Please can you or Tom reactivate network onto my current SIM. It’s really frustrating that this is not solved yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @LEEJA,

I can see we’re in touch so will assist further via PM.

If you don’t yet have a replacement SIM to activate, you can pick one up for free via Currys and provide us with the serial number.

We’ll be able to activate this for you quicker.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Mohammed, 

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you are saying. To be clear:

- I HAVE NOT UPGRADED,

- I HAVE NOT LOST MY CURRENT SIM.

- I HAVE NOT REQUESTED A REPLACEMENT SIM. 

Why are you saying I need to get another SIM, when the one I have was working fine until IDMobile texted me to say “Good news, your new SIM is being activated…” I HAVEN’T GOT NOR ASKED FOR A NEW SIM!!!!

You need to reinstate my network signal to my current SIM. 

I have been extremely patient, it is now 7 days and still no solution.

I will be submitting a formal complaint to your head office and I will be lodging a complaint with the Communications Ombudsman.

I have never had such bad service from my mobile phone provider!!!

Userlevel 1

Also, Mohammed, as you know this has happened to me before and you solved it for me at the time by simply reactivating my network on my current SIM. (I pasted the conversation into the above message thread so you would remember). Why are you not simply doing this again? I don’t understand, and I’m so frustrated at this lack of system to quickly resolve an error that ID Mobile have made. Please tell me you understand what has happened and why I am very annoyed - I have tried to be very clear in my messages

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Also, Mohammed, as you know this has happened to me before and you solved it for me at the time by simply reactivating my network on my current SIM. (I pasted the conversation into the above message thread so you would remember). Why are you not simply doing this again? I don’t understand, and I’m so frustrated at this lack of system to quickly resolve an error that ID Mobile have made. Please tell me you understand what has happened and why I am very annoyed - I have tried to be very clear in my messages

Unfortunately @LEEJA, iD staff have said elsewhere in this forum that their replies may take 72-hours. The forum isn’t for live chat.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite Though delay has also been an issue (I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a network to resolve customer issues quickly. I tried the LiveChat function but all it did was point me to the forum) my message to Mohammed was instead to do with the substantive issue - namely, why is it so hard for ID Mobile to resolve an error of their doing, and why am I being directed to procure a new SIM card when this is not the problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @LEEJA,

As you have been informed already via PM, this was escalated and the Team will contact you directly to pick up with you (they may have already done this).

If you have any further queries, please reply to the Team directly as they are now dealing with this and work to resolve it.

Please do not continue to bump this topic as you should have already been contacted by the Team regarding this.

If you have not, please reply to us via PM and we will ask the Team to re-contact you.

I’m marking this thread as closed due to the support being provided to you directly.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?