Solved

Why do I have two IMEI numbers?

• 26 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I'm wanting to take out phone insurance and it requires my IMEI number. 

When I checked to see what my IMEI number is, it is giving me two numbers under sim slot 1 and sim slot 2. 

I only have one SIM card? 

Some info:

I did at one point, when I first received the phone and was checking out my settings, go into network settings and there's a on/off option called 'use sim', I didn't know what it did so clicked it to find out. It made my SIM not work, so I had to take it out of the device and re-enter it to get it to work again. I believe this must have something to do with the two IMEI's but if it is, then how do I know which one is the old and which is the new IMEI number and which one to enter for my insurance.

I don't want to get it wrong and down the line not be able to claim on my phone because I put the wrong one in.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 26 October 2022, 21:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Braderzj,

Why not just dial *#06# to get the IMEI number.

Out of interest, what make and model is your handset?

Good luck @Braderzj

Okay @Braderzj,

Good luck @Braderzj

@andewhite  it shows the same when I dial *#06#, still shows 2 IMEI numbers.

Google pixel 7 pro.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Braderzj, the Pixel 7 has single nano SIM slot and and eSIM (i.e. dual SIM).

When you dial *#06#, does your handset show an IMEI number, and an IMEI2 number?

If you want to be 100% certain you’ve got the IMEI number used by your iD SIM card, get in-touch with iD using online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

Alternatively, get assistance with this from the iD social media team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Okay @Braderzj,

Good luck @Braderzj

@andewhite  it shows the same when I dial *#06#, still shows 2 IMEI numbers.

Google pixel 7 pro.

Hello @Braderzj,

Sometimes it’s listed as IMEI and IMEI2

I believe the first one will be the IMEI.

I couldn’t give you a reason as to why this is, but you’re welcome to contact the manufacturer.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?