Question

why has my contract not informed me i have finished contract however renewed without my concent

• 5 October 2023
  • 7 replies

My contract was up on Oct 2023. I was not notified however I have been enrolled onto a new contract ending in 2024 - please help as I wish to stop this payment due to the price and I don’t have a new phone and refuse to pay that amount of money!

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Chanellecross, your iD contract is perpetual until you or iD end the contract. 

It seems many customers join iD and purchase a 24-month MINIMUM TERM handset + line rental contract. At the end of the MINIMUM TERM, these contracts change to a rolling one month contract.

The terms and conditions agreed at the point-of-purchase cover this is more detail.

Now that your MINIMUM TERM has ended, you’ve got 4 main options:-

1. Get a PAC and switch to another service provider, which will end your iD contract on the date you transfer your mobile number to another provider.
  2. Give 30-days notice of cancellation to iD to end your contract.
  3. Upgrade your handset + line rental and begin a new minimum term contract.
  4. Change your existing plan to a SIM only plan at a lower monthly cost.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Chanellecross

Welcome to the community!

@andewhite is correct in that we need to receive notice in order to cancel or change your existing contract. The options he’s provided above are all those available to you since your current contract has expired.

When you say that you’ve been enrolled on a new contract ending in 2024, where are you seeing this, is it on the iD mobile app?

-Lauren

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Chanellecross

Welcome to the community!

@andewhite is correct in that we need to receive notice in order to cancel or change your existing contract. The options he’s provided above are all those available to you since your current contract has expired.

When you say that you’ve been enrolled on a new contract ending in 2024, where are you seeing this, is it on the iD mobile app?

-Lauren

How does a contract expire @Lauren? 
As far as I can tell by looking at the online iD contract terms & conditions, all iD contracts are indefinite and continue until one or other party gives notice to cancel the contract, or there’s a breach.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @andewhite. You’re correct. 

Likely a poor choice of wording from me there. A contract doesn’t expire as such. Once the contract end date comes to pass, the plan continues as normal until a change has been made e.g notice to cancel, upgrade processed or PAC code requested. 

-Lauren

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @andewhite. You’re correct. 

Likely a poor choice of wording from me there. A contract doesn’t expire as such. Once the contract end date comes to pass, the plan continues as normal until a change has been made e.g notice to cancel, upgrade processed or PAC code requested. 

-Lauren

Okay, thanks @Lauren.

I confess to being a bit confused because if a contract doesn’t expire, how can it have an end-date? Currently, it seems there are 3 types of contract and all have a minimum term:

1. A contract with a 1-month minimum term which never ends.
  2. A contract with a 12-month minimum term, which becomes a rolling 1-month contract once the minimum term ends.
  3. A contract with a 24-month minimum term, which becomes a rolling 1-month contract once the minimum term ends.

None of these contracts have an end date as such?
They’ll continue, as you said, until a change has been made - e.g. notice to cancel, upgrade processed, or PAC/STAC code requested and used. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @andewhite,

There’s always a date for when the contract has reached its minimum term whether it’s a 30-day SIM, a 12-month SIM or a 24-month phone contract. This is the date in which a customer is free to leave iD mobile without any termination fees. You can also refer to this as a contract expiry date, or a contract end date, as at that point you’re free to leave without penalty. However to change or cancel a plan even after the minimum term ends, the account holder needs to get in touch with iD whether via the app or an agent to give us that request. 

I hope this clears up any confusion!

-Lauren

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thank you @Lauren. 

IMO talking about a contract end date is misleading, because there is no end date as such.

After you start a pay monthly iD contract, if you keep paying the bill, the contract keeps going - there is no end date. I guess this will be where we agree to differ.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Why iD Mobile?