Question

why have i been charged for roaming in Holland

• 25 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Whilst in Holland on 19/02/24 to 22/02/24 I was charged for using  1.94mb at a cost of£18.64 even though I have all my data and Holland is also in EU. why have I been charged?

5 replies

Userlevel 2

The only reason I could think is you went on or near a ferry or airline network, and connected to one of those which is charged at £9.60 per MB. There are a few ferry routes in the Netherlands that have these networks and it is a known issue, even for locals there.

If you contact iD support they may refund you as good will.

In future, set your bill cap to £0 or a very low amount and it will prevent these accidental charges.

Thank you. That is most helpful. I will keep my eye out for things like that in the future. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Shaun Wray,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately we are unable to refund for roaming whilst on a Ship/Cruise/Ferry.

You’ll be subject to ‘Maritime roaming’ charges, even if you’re travelling between any of our free roaming destinations. For more information, and to view the charges, select ‘Roaming’ above, and then ‘Ships, Ferries, Cruise Liners’ on the dropdown at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/international-and-roaming-charges

Kash

Hi, I wasn’t using any maritime networks, I was on Dutch network,the signal shouldn’t be able to jump to a maritime network without signing in to it, if it is allowed to do that then this is a massive issue and should be investigated. It doesn’t let you know that it has gone into another network so how can you keep an eye on it?and at them prices it’s so very wrong that this is allowed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Shaun Wray 

Your device will have the option to manually connect to a network, however by default automatic network selection is enabled.

On your bill, what are the charges noted as?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?