Solved

why is it so hard to get a live chat with customer services

Userlevel 2

I I have found this service of trying to get to live chat to speak to customer services is hard difficult and I still haven't found how to speak to a customer services person other than coming to a forum where anybody and everybody can see what I need to speak about this I think is ridiculous if I needed to speak to them and put personal details on I don't want to do that they need to make this site easy access to the live chat as that is the only way to be able to speak to somebody when there is a problem and they haven't done that does anybody know the quickest way to speak to customer services I've been trying to change my number from an old number and bringing it over it keeps telling me what's transaction ID I have got one on my invoice I haven't got one on my welcome letter so it won't let me do it my pac code is running out and I keep going round in circles to contact someone this is disgusting

icon

Best answer by Katie Holt 22 May 2023, 10:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Katie Holt I am so sorry to hear about this, you must be so frustrated. The transaction number begins with a "4". This can be found on your "Welcome to iD" email that was sent to you and may be in your Spam/Junk folders. 

If you still need assistance with this please let us know and we will send you a Private Message here. You can also reach us on our Facebook and Twitter pages and pop us a Private Message there.

Userlevel 2

Hi thank you for getting back to me I still need help and need to speak to someone. How do I know that this is secured to talk to on s platform like this and giving my details over?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I I have found this service of trying to get to live chat to speak to customer services is hard difficult and I still haven't found how to speak to a customer services person other than coming to a forum where anybody and everybody can see what I need to speak about this I think is ridiculous if I needed to speak to them and put personal details on I don't want to do that they need to make this site easy access to the live chat as that is the only way to be able to speak to somebody when there is a problem and they haven't done that does anybody know the quickest way to speak to customer services I've been trying to change my number from an old number and bringing it over it keeps telling me what's transaction ID I have got one on my invoice I haven't got one on my welcome letter so it won't let me do it my pac code is running out and I keep going round in circles to contact someone this is disgusting

It’s actually pretty easy and straight forward…

1. Visit ​​​​​​https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat and wait for the blue “Live Chat” button to load, once loaded, click on it.
  2. Wait for the chat interface to load and when loaded type “I need to speak to someone about porting over my existing number.” 
  3. If you would prefer to speak to a live agent than follow auto generated links then simply type in “Speak to a live agent”. and select “Customer service” from the list of options. 

4. Enter your personal details. 
  5. You are now connected to a real customer service agent. 

Took me no more than 30 seconds!

Userlevel 4
Badge

You cannot speak to anyone, it’s a 100% online service only, which helps them trim costs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Katie Holt 

Currently you’re on the community public forum, we’d advise against posting any personal details here.

If you’re still having issues with the live chat (thanks @WelshPaul for the step by step guide) please let us know here so we can send a private message which is secure for personal details.

Tom

Userlevel 2

Live chat what is that I can't find it anywhere to be able to speak to someone and I'm getting very frustrated with this. I wish I never took a contract out with yourselves it's the worse service I've ever had in 25 years of mobile phone customer service. 

Can you please send me the link to where the live chat is?

Why is live chat so hard to find to get help?

Userlevel 2

I clicked on the link k and it doesn't take me anywhere, just to a white page I can't fi d the blue chat box that is put above to go to to chat. If I could I wouldn't have been on hear asking for the help. 

I understand its all a online service but the live chat you can still speak with someone about your problem or not without it being in a page like this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Katie Holt,

In place of the button there is a line of text that states “ If Live Chat doesn’t launch, find out more here.”

If you click the link it directs you to this article:

Which suggests you need to try clearing cookies or a different browser.

Your browser may be blocking the button, however, testing on my end this worked fine.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

You cannot speak to anyone, it’s a 100% online service only, which helps them trim costs.

It is 0% online

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It is 0% online

Unfortunately @iliko, this is know to happen when you try and access the main website www.idmobile.co.uk from the iD community site when you signed-in to the iD community and used the “Remember Me” option. 

The quick fixes are: 

• Don’t use the “Remember Me” option.
  • Sign-out of the iD community before going to the main iD website.
  • Visit the main iD website from an Incognito or Private tab in your web browser.
  • Use different web browsers to access the iD community and the main iD website.

You can also contact iD customer service using Facebook Messenger, or Twitter DM. 

One of the three ways of getting in-touch should work.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @iliko,

This is an issue caused by cookies on your browser.

Try incognito/private browsing and it’ll work.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?