Question

Why is my unlimited data usage wrong

• 13 September 2023
  • 8 replies

I’ve had my unlimited SIM for a month and yet the data usage is showing as only 1.8GB on the website. I know that I’ve used much more - typically I’ve been using over 100GB which is why I chose the unlimited SIM.

Not being able to see an accurate usage is going to make it impossible when I travel to figure out how much roaming data I’ve used.

Why is the usage shown not accurate? I’ve no idea how a SIM with limited data is going to know when it’s run out if the figures are so far out.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @petesidmobile,

Welcome to the Community!

Have your allowances recently reset? If so you may only see the recent usage after the reset.

You can check your bills for a full view of the amount of data you are using per month.

You can also check data usage on your handset via the data usage option in your settings.

Kash

No, it was the last day of my first month. I’ve started my second month now. Yesterday it was showing that I had used 9.0GB of my (unlimited) data allowance. Right now it’s showing I’ve used 2.00GB so it’s now gone DOWN which should be impossible.

Now that I have a bill for the new month I can see that I used 110GB which is a much more likely figure.

But that only comes after a month’s end so doesn’t help me see how much data I have used while roaming.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @petesidmobile,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Have you tried to log in on the app to see if that provides are more accurate usage summary?

If that is also incorrect we can check it out with the relevant team.

Kash

The app is the same. Today it is even lower, now it claims I have only used 1.5GB

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @petesidmobile,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 3

Hello, I have the same problem but I have now figured it out!

The usage summary only shows the data used for that day, every night (at midnight) it resets to zero!!

The only way to record your data usage is to check (just before midnight) and record the daily figures.

My monthly bills are correct but the usage summary is almost worthless and when roaming will become problematic. 

Tony G

Yes, I’ve figured that out as well - over the last month ID mobile and I have had an ongoing conversation, requests for screenshots etc. for escalation. Hopefully it will get sorted at some point.

I found a workaround while on holiday - I have a mobile router that I take with me. Just before leaving the UK I reset it’s total data usage so I could then see how much I’d used by logging into the router and seeing what it said as the total data usage. Possibly a similar thing could be done on a mobile phone.

Userlevel 3

Clever boy! We tether our ‘unlimited’ mobile to a router when in Spain, I will check to see if our Asus router has the same total data use feature as yours.

Hope id can get the data summary records to show correctly, that would be a help for everybody.

Tony G

Why iD Mobile?