Question

why is the customer service so bad?

• 22 February 2023
  • 6 replies

So on contract for 3 months no issues, today absolutely no service from my work location. Checked the website for coverage to read that upgrades are taking place and expected to be completed by the end of JULY 23!

Do you expect me to wait till I get home till I can use my MOBILE phone?

So far made online contact with ID, what a wonderful business model, don't allow you to contact anyone direct or speak with a real person in real time.

First and last time with ID, however I do want to know what you will be doing to resolve my issue.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So on contract for 3 months no issues, today absolutely no service from my work location. 

So far made online contact with ID, what a wonderful business model, don't allow you to contact anyone direct or speak with a real person in real time.

iD Mobile don’t provide a telephone support helpline, which is not unique amongst the 2nd-tier service providers.

To chat in real-time with iD Mobile, use their live chat online https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat
The iD agents work until 8pm weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Great link doesn't work 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat link should work, but forum posts suggest it doesn’t for a number of customers.

Do you have ad-blocking software running? 
I believe the chat window is a popup running through liveperson.net.

Anyway, the iD customer service team also work on Facebook and Twitter too - you can chat privately using Messenger, or by Direct Message respectively.

Otherwise, take the slow lane, and wait here for one of the iD moderators to read your post - they usually check-in daily, but sometimes less frequently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Stevie Scott 

I’ve tried the links @andewhite has sent and they’ve all worked just fine, I’d recommend trying a different device/browser.

Are you having issues with signal in all locations you use our service or just your work area?

While Three UK (who we rely on for signal) cover 99% of the UK we unfortunately cannot provide a faultless service and faults/outages are a nature of any network.

Tom

The issue is simple, I work in Glasgow city centre, I went a full day with no service until I left city centre. When checking signal updates I was advised that ID we're improving their network and disruption would take place until JULY 2023! do they expect me to put up with no service for 5/6 month's?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Stevie Scott,

We don’t guarantee coverage accross the whole of the UK.

City Centre’s can often be congested and if there’s work ongoin to improve this then it can be expected for the coverage to be temperamental.

Whilst the completion is July 2023, it won’t mean that the entire service is unaccessible for this whole duration as this would impact many customers.

Since iD Mobile use Three UK’s masts, this means Three UK customers as well as other MVNO’s like Smarty, so the impact would be far too great.

I appreciate your frustration due to the issues faced and Three UK will be working as hard as they can to resolve any network issues.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?