Question

Why won't it accept my bank changes

• 26 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I recently tried to change my direct debit bank account and thought that it had accepted it all but today I got a message to say my phone was suspended until payment was received.  So I paid the  £12 for last month and tried again to change bank details.  It wouldn't accept then, and said I still owed £12. So I made another payment of £12 and tried AGAIN  but it still won't accept my bank details.  

I'm wondering if I've made a huge error in swapping to iDmobile. Now I'm trapped in for months!

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the address held by your bank, and the address details for your iD account are different @Robshfds.

Your bank and iD would need to have the same address details in order to set-up a direct debit.

Userlevel 1

Both are exactly the same.  I've checked everything twice. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

An online agent in the live chat team (at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat) should be able to rectify this @Robshfds

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays. 

From personal experience, I’ve found iD customer service through social media far better than the online live chat. You can contact iD support privately using Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM.

🤞

Userlevel 1

Thank you Andewhite. I've found that doing anything on here so difficult and so unfriendly to use.  The chat link is much appreciated. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

After connecting to live chat, I’d recommend typing “talk to a person”, to avoid the 24/7 chat-bot @Robshfds

Userlevel 1

I did just that yesterday and ended up even more frustrated as all he did was give me the details of how to do it ...... which I had already tried twice before!!🤬   I have worked with computers since the early days when computers took up a room and screens were like huge blocks (late 1970s).  So I know when something isn't right. I have now decided to give up and get out of this contract ASAP. I will be going back to Martin Lewis forum to warn others too.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @Robshfds, from personal experience, I’ve found that iD customer service via social media has been far better than online chat. I used X (Twitter) DM, but you can also use Facebook Messenger to message iD privately.

🍀

Userlevel 1

I'm not going to waste any more of my time with these people.  Good luck for your future with them.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Nor me @Robshfds - I gave up with iD Mobile last year.
I just became more and more frustrated by the failure of the iD tech team to solve several long running service issues.

Why iD Mobile?