Question

wifi calling samsung s22 plus

• 16 August 2023
  • 4 replies

why doesnt wifi calling work? ive just joined id mobile and the signal where i live is awful, wifo calling is active in my settings samsung s22 plus, but the wuality is awful, nobosy can here me, however ive never had this issue before with previous pro idersĀ 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @C Lar Key, reading your forum post it sounds like iD WiFi Calling service is available on your Galaxy S22 handset, but the call quality is awful?

Did you use the Galaxy S22 with your previous providers?

Perhaps you could setup a VLAN on your home Wi-Fi network, forĀ any devices needing to use iD WiFi Calling, and set a high quality of service for this VLAN.

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @C Lar Key,

If your device is set to Airplane mode, then you enabled WiFi and connect to it as well as turn on WiFi Calling, are you able to make calls?

Ā 

Mohammed

Ā 

why doesnt wifi calling work? ive just joined id mobile and the signal where i live is awful, wifo calling is active in my settings samsung s22 plus, but the wuality is awful, nobosy can here me, however ive never had this issue before with previous pro idersĀ 

Try changing the WiFi calling preference from mobile to WiFi. This helped me with a different network. Also worth noting that S22 series are not currently on the supported list as perĀ this thread https://community.idmobile.co.uk/device-phone-support-26/samsung-s22-wifi-calling-55774

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Caltor,

This is being looked into by the team and they will update it shortly if the handset needs to be added.

Ā 

Kash

Why iD Mobile?