Question

winter warmers half-price discount not applied

Hi, I upgraded my SIM-only plan to one of the “Winter Warmers” deals that are being advertised at the moment. The deal was half-price for the first sixth months. Everything seemed OK when I purchased the upgrade but after the upgrade was complete the half-price discount was not applied. I am paying full price immediately. After lengthy chat with customer support they said there was nothing they could do, so they reverted me to my old plan and told me to try again.

So I repeated the purchase and the exact same problem happened again - discount was not applied and I am on the full price plan.

Anyone else had this problem? And any idea how it can be fixed?

16 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are the “Winter Warmers” an upgrade option for existing customers? 
They appear to be only available for new connections @Tim632.  

Perhaps you’d have better luck ordering an upgrade by talking to the iD Mobile telephone sales team - contact them on 020 7139 1397.
🤞

Hi @andewhite they are showing up on my Upgrades page, so I assume they are available for me. Also when I purchase the upgrade the discount is shown on both the Checkout page and the order confirmation page.

Anyway I will try calling the Sales team on that number. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Tim632,

Welcome to the Community!

The Sales Team will assist you further and hopefully they have resolved your issue.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Hi, the Sales team were unable to help, they just referred me back to Customer Support. I have cancelled my upgrade and reverted to my old plan. I guess there is an error somewhere in the system where the deal is not billed as advertised, but it seems like no one was able to find the error.

You can close this ticket

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Tim632,

If the deal shows on your contract documents or you have screenshots of the order showing the promotion we would certainly honour it.

Please get back to us if you require further assistance.

Kash

Hi @Kash 

thanks, that would be super. Yes I have the Order Confirmation email which shows the discount, I can send a copy or a screenshot of that. What’s the best way to send it to you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Tim632,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi @Kash,

OK, thanks. I saw the PM and have replied to it.

Rgds,

Tim

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tim632 

Thanks, we’ll be in contact there.

Tom

Hi @Kash and @Tom , just wondering if you saw my question in the PM area?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Tim632,

We will get back to your PM as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kash 

I have the same problem as @Tim632 , would you be able to apply the discount to my account also?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Joanne847,

Welcome to the Community!

Do you have proof or confirmation of the discount?

If so please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kash 

yes I have proof of the discount, it’s the order confirmation email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Joanne847 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

Great, thanks Tom

Why iD Mobile?