Question

worst network signal ever

• 14 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Been with ID mobile since Xmas and have had absolute zero signal even when phone shows 4/5G. Unable to use Google maps with signal being this bad This is the worst network provider I have ever used in my 28 years of using a mobile. My partner,daughter and myself will defo be changing providers at the end of this contract.

Shocking

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Which other network providers have you tried in that timespan @Stephen28? 

Which was your best network service provider prior to iD Mobile? 

Userlevel 1

I was with T-Mobile/EE for the majority but I have tried Vodafone and O2 before my family switched to ID mobile mainly as they offered us a good price but now I can see why they offer good prices. It's because when outside of WiFi none of us can get signal anywhere. Never again will we choose ID mobile

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve been using the Three UK mobile network (the iD Mobile network partner) for about 13-years now, and don’t have any major complaints.

Like yourself, I’ve been with Vodafone, T-Mobile/EE, and O2. Currently using a SMARTY SIM in my primary handset, and very happy with this network’s 4G and 5G performance, whenever I’m in an area with reception. 

I’m not a fan of contract handsets, which normally lock you in for a 24-month minimum term.
In addition, there’s usually an outrageous CPI/RPI + 3.9% annual price increase.

A SIM only plan, from iD or SMARTY, doesn’t have an annual uplift, and these days you can easily buy SIM free handsets with 0% APR over 2-years.

Been with ID mobile since Xmas and have had absolute zero signal even when phone shows 4/5G. Unable to use Google maps with signal being this bad This is the worst network provider I have ever used in my 28 years of using a mobile. My partner,daughter and myself will defo be changing providers at the end of this contract.

Shocking

Totally agree. I will be doing the same. I wil never recommend idmobile. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Stephen28 & @Bigaki1979 

I’m sorry you feel this way about our coverage, all iD Mobile plans have the option early on in the contract to return based on being unhappy with the signal, if you find that the signal is not right for you, it may be worth exploring that option.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?