Solved

Yet another Amazon voucher not received

• 11 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I was promised an Amazon gift voucher when I signed up. It’s been longer than 90 days, but I’ve not received anything.

From searching the forum, I see I’m not alone. Please advise.

icon

Best answer by richi 11 July 2023, 12:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @richi, what did your voucher offer terms & conditions state?

The issue is often with GiftCloud, who’re responsible for sending out vouchers to customers who’ve made an eligible purchase from iD. 

For journey’s starting on MSE, some forum members got their’s by emailing “uk-idmobile@awin.com”, and telling them what was ordered + their order number and date.

Userlevel 1

See screenshot at end.

I received the confirmation email message from Giftcloud: “An update on your gift … Thank you for submitting your details for the following offer: £40 - Currys, Amazon. … You will receive your eGift once you have completed your order and this purchase has been validated by iD Mobile. Details of how to receive your gift will be sent to the email address provided after 90 days from your purchase.”

Userlevel 1

Update: I’ve had a reply from UK-idmobile@awin.com saying they’ve tracked the purchase, but there will be a 2–3 week delay.

The cynic in me says they’re hoping most customers forget to claim the voucher, but of course that couldn’t possibly be true.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Good to know the email address has helped you @richi.

Online marketing and incentives are a murky area. I suppose GiftCloud partnered with iD, in order to get new users signed-up to GiftCloud, by offering the ‘gift’ voucher as an incentive. I’d guess iD are paying a finders fee to GiftCloud, for each new 12-month £8/month with 15GB monthly data allowance contract purchased this way.

Having 90-day latency might reduce the number of voucher claims.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @richi,

We don’t send these vouchers out.

By the term “validating” it’s simply referring to a Team in the background who check that the order is valid, hasn’t been returned, in which case approved and then back to GiftCloud to issue.

Any and all chase/contact is via them directly.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Quick followup: Voucher received from Awin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @richi,

I’m glad to hear that this is resolved. 

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?