Solved

extra charges

• 5 February 2021
  • 5 replies

I just joined yesterday and have incurred charges for texts… I thought all texts were unlimited?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 5 February 2021, 18:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @AshleyHunter,

All regular SMS messages are unlimited; did you send a photo within a message? This will convert it to an MMS message. Some phones will also convert longer texts and texts including emojis into MMS messages too.

Additionally, messages sent to premium or shortcode numbers may also be chargeable too.

If you check your usage/bill, you should be able to see where the charge has come from. Feel free to share more here so we can advise further.

Ryan

Hi @AshleyHunter,

All regular SMS messages are unlimited; did you send a photo within a message? This will convert it to an MMS message. Some phones will also convert longer texts and texts including emojis into MMS messages too.

Additionally, messages sent to premium or shortcode numbers may also be chargeable too.

If you check your usage/bill, you should be able to see where the charge has come from. Feel free to share more here so we can advise further.

Ryan

No it was simply texts to let people know my new number. There was one emoji in it. Seems a bit ridiculous to be charges for a one like text with one emoji sent to a few people

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Ah right, that’ll be it then @AshleyHunter.

Sorry if you were unaware of this.

Please let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Will

Definitely wasn’t aware of this… off to a slightly bad start with this new network but I hope there’s no other surprise charges 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @AshleyHunter,

It’s to do with the phones converting the messages to MMS messages.

You should be able to turn this feature off in the settings of your messenger app.

More info on this here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/mms-charges

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?