Solved

extra data charges despite add-on purchased

• 5 February 2021
  • 3 replies

so i have a capped contract 2 spend £3.99 which is capped so i cant use more than £3.99 but i needed a one off data so i bought a£7 add on for a month before i had started using the add on i received a text saying i would now b charged the out of contract price of £10.24 per 100 mb. so not only do i have 2 pay for the add on. Does it roll over or is it a 1 off payment if not how do i stop it? But it seems i am being charged the out of contract price as well.When i log on 2 the website it mentions the add on but not the out of contract charge it all seems to have gone haywire since i tried 2 buy a 1 off add on. I never would have bought the mobile contract in the first place if i had known it was all on line which i am not v good at the man in the shop is useless because of covid

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 February 2021, 16:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @redzena,

Nothing to worry about here.

The text is sent automatically when you use up your monthly data allowance.

We are required to send these, regardless of if you have an add-on or not.

Since you already have an add-on, this will automatically kick in.

Hope that clarifies.

Mohammed

Even though i have a cap on the usual £3.99 contract i have never received one b4 til i got the add on and does the add on roll over i got a month one to the next month , if so how do i cancel it.Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @redzena,

Add-ons are one-off purchases. 

We no longer to renewing add-ons so, after 30-days, it’ll expire.

If your cap is set to £3.99, then you can’t incur any further out of plan usage.

This won’t stop you applying an add-on.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?