Question

I can't pay my bill

• 16 July 2023
  • 9 replies

I canceled my monthly SIM with ID Mobile when I left the country in April, but apparently they sent a final bill to my old residence saying I owe less than 20 GBP for some roaming charges. I tried to login to my account but it says “it has been closed for more than 6 months” so I can’t login, which makes no sense because I left in April (and have the farewell emails from ID Mobile to prove it) and it’s actually been less than 3 months. I tried using the awful automated phone system, but for some reason it only registers the last 4 digits of my debit card number so I can’t pay. I tried this literally 10 times and it was the same error each time, it only reads back 4 digits instead of my actual card number. The “live chat” feature is less than useless… I’ve tried on 3 browsers (Brave, Firefox, and Edge) but the chat icon never appears on any of them so it’s impossible to use. This has been a comical waste of time, I’ve never had to chase someone down to give them my money before. Very odd, I will never use this company again. Is anyone here able to help me? I need to get this sorted so I can move on.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @whatever,

Sorry to hear you’ve had issues making payments for your account.

The final bill is produced following disconnection so any balance that remains on this is the final balance to pay before the account is settled.

We’d send any contact to the registered billing address, so if you haven’t updated this to the correct address, then the previous one we had on record would have been used.

For making payments, please dial 0333 003 0001 

If calling from abroad, it’ll be +44333 003 0001

You will be asked to enter the iD Mobile number, please enter the iD Number

You will then be able to make a payment where you will need to enter your full card number.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

I’m not sure if you read my post but I already called that number and the payment does not work. Not sure what the comment about my billing address is in regards to… I never disputed the bill was mine? Is there really no way to talk to a human being and have them take my payment?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Mohammed,

I’m not sure if you read my post but I already called that number and the payment does not work. Not sure what the comment about my billing address is in regards to… I never disputed the bill was mine? Is there really no way to talk to a human being and have them take my payment?

I think you might need to withhold your number, when you call the automated payment number posted by @Mohammed

I believe iD Mobile no longer offer a telephone support option - they’re 100% online for help & support now.

Hi Mohammed,

I think you might need to withhold your number, when you call the automated payment number posted by @Mohammed

I believe iD Mobile no longer offer a telephone support option - they’re 100% online for help & support now.

Sorry, but what do you mean by withhold my number? I get to the prompt where the robot tells me my balance and I tell it I want to pay my bill. It then asks for my card number, I type it in and then it tells me it’s going to read it back to confirm. But for some reason it only reads back the last 4 digits I type, no matter how long after the prompt I wait to start typing. I even tried just saying the number was correct, thinking maybe it was a security feature to only say the last 4 (which would make no sense anyway in this context), but no… it still fails. I’m 1000% sure there is nothing wrong with my debit card or my checking account, so the issue is clearly on their end. It already costs me a fortune to call their depressing call system from abroad. At this point I feel like I’m the one who should be issuing an invoice.

@Mohammed is there any way for me to private message one of the staff members here? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry, but what do you mean by withhold my number?
At this point I feel like I’m the one who should be issuing an invoice.

Not sure if this works from abroad, but in the UK to withhold your number (from being seen by the receiver), you’d dial as follows:

• *31#03330030001 from your UK mobile network.
  • 14103330030001 from your UK landline.

I’d assume you can do something similar when making calls from any given country - the prefix may even be the same.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@Mohammed is there any way for me to private message one of the staff members here? 

In my experience the quickest and easiest way to talk privately to iD is by using Facebook Messenger, or Twitter DM.

It could be worthwhile registering with Facebook or Twitter in order to speak to iD privately.

Thanks. I finally got the chat to load by using Firefox, but they told me they can’t take my payment (lmao) but passed the buck to some hotline for “vulnerable people” I can call tomorrow. They alleged that I’ll be able to pay someone there, but I’ll believe it when it happens. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @whatever 

As suggested by @andewhite we don’t have a phone line for customer services, the Live Chat team should not be referring you to the vulnerable customers team to take a payment, payment can be made via the manual payment line.

Customer services cannot take a payment on Live Chat, Community or Social Media.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?