Userlevel 1

Why am I being charged £82 for iphone 11

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 10 July 2023, 12:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 1

The contract stated £22 something. Last month you said its add on and l never touched an add on and its now the same as last month. Why? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you set your bill cap to zero @Sibs?

Doing this will help prevent any additional charges being added to your bills in future.

See online: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/capping.

To see what cost you £82 for your last bill, sign-in to your “My iD Account” online and download a PDF copy of this, which should show you details of all the charges.
There’s more online at: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/understanding-my-bill.

Userlevel 1

Bill cap is on £5

Userlevel 1

It should be an error on tbe contract because l can't be using the exact amount every month. The bill is say £22 . I waited for roll over and never pressed an add on button. Can i delete the app and  just pay my normal. There is no where i can be needing such a phone bill more thzn Wi-Fi charge. 

Userlevel 1

I have cancelled the direct debit to solve this first in you can help me.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Cancelling your direct debit won’t solve anything, it will make matters worse. Your account will fall into arrears and your service will be disconnected until you pay the outstanding amount. Your credit file will be updated too, making it difficult to obtain credit for the next six years! If you refuse to pay, your debt will be passed on to a debt collection agency who will chase you for payment.

If your plan is £22 a month, an extra £50 is being added for something. There is no £50 add on according to the list provided here. So, there must be a charge for multiple add-on’s? If you purchase an add-on, it should be listed on the bill. Anyway, as this requires account access, you need to speak to live chat and get them to look at your account and figure out what exactly it is you are being charged for. You can do that here.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If I was in your position @Sibs, I wouldn’t cancel the direct debit (DD). 

The iD contract is not cancelled when you stop its DD - all you’re doing is stopping the payment method linked to the iD account.

If the account bills aren’t paid, iD will pass the outstanding bills to a debt collection agency and your credit file will be marked with missed payments.

Userlevel 1

I will pay what is on my bill  over the phone, i can't pay something which is not on my bill. Its not fair.  There are no active add ons. So where's the £50 Coming from. I'm failing to connect to live chat from yesterday. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Sibs, I’m a community member not an iD employee.

This is a public forum, which anyone with Internet access can read. 

I can’t look at your account or bills, but you’re free to stop direct debit et cetera, but don’t be surprised if you get a negative credit report as a result.

In your position, I’d try contacting iD customer service privately by using Facebook Messenger, or sending a Twitter DM. 

The support teams work until 8pm weekdays.

Userlevel 1

Thank you all for your advices , i managed to get in touch with ID customer service department. The issue is being sorted out.  I'm happy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Sibs,

Glad to hear that.

Can you clarify what the issue was in the end that caused the charges?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello @Sibs,

Glad to hear that.

Mohammed

The first one is still under investigation as the figures are not tallying and i got a consolation refund so far. The second one was a mistry didn't appear on their system and on my app so it was cancelled. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Sibs,

Glad to hear that.

Mohammed

The first one is still under investigation as the figures are not tallying and i got a consolation refund so far. The second one was a mistry didn't appear on their system and on my app so it was cancelled. 

No problem @Sibs,

Glad to hear it’s being looked into.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello @Sibs,

Glad to hear that.

Mohammed

No problem @Sibs,

Glad to hear it’s being looked into.

Mohammed

Most helpful 

Why iD Mobile?