Solved

Missed payments of £2 on my credit file - how do I remove it?

Hi 

i got £2 missed payment on my credit file. I cancelled my account in March and ID cancelled my access to app and didn’t send me final bill or outstanding bill or anything and all of of sudden in June I notice 3 missed payments report on my credit score . I have paid £2 now but my mortgage application has been refused now. This is so bad. They didn’t send me any bill or anything and without notification put missed payments on my credit score.how do I remove it now 

icon

Best answer by Rory 31 October 2020, 11:30

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi 

i got £2 missed payment on my credit file. I cancelled my account in March and ID cancelled my access to app and didn’t send me final bill or outstanding bill or anything and all of of sudden in June I notice 3 missed payments report on my credit score . I have paid £2 now but my mortgage application has been refused now. This is so bad. They didn’t send me any bill or anything and without notification put missed payments on my credit score.how do I remove it now 

Hello @szam99,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

The customer service for IDmobile are outsource completely nothing to do with ID. They are like robot who repts the same information again and again, credit recored is something very serious, it is a lifeline of my business, the company is simpler to Ryanair cheap and easy to open but once things go wrong you are on your own.

my experience with them for the last 6 months are unheard. To start with they should not refer people for 2 miss payment to credit recored, it can be communication failed like we had, I did everything my 24 months contract said, I kept my deal, but their staff members failed to do the job properly put me in this situation. I can not imagine anyone for £4 will damage their credibility if they inform one properly.

I was abroad for 3 months but before that I want in person to Brixton Currys shop SW9 where I buy phone (never in credit) informed them I am finishing the sim I never used for 11 months of the 24 months but I paid without a fail for 24 months to stop the contract at the end of the contract, I been told to give one month notice, which i did immediately before I want end of December. then end Feb I found debt collector letter for 2 miss payment I called them they said I didn’t stop the contract etc… I then paid the balance and the extra charges which came to 87 to find out through my mortgage broker that my excellent credit showing fair…. I made an offers for property under £9000.000 which is in a question because of this…. the whole system is crazy - I have several property with big lone on them, I have excellent payment history, the bank don’t care anymore about that, they penalising me for £87. Which I paid 6 months before. Never mind it wasn’t my fault, but even after I paid and called 100 times to customer care to change the states from unpaid to settled not sorted out as yet. 

I am now in a limbo if I am going to buy those property I made an offer on? I think we all should get together sue them like the Post office case

@Fiori,

We have provided you with a deadlock letter outlining our final position.

Mohammed

So the same has happened to me. £3.32 bill generated on 6.5.22 the day the phone number was cut off. They have admitted the only way they contacted us about it was by texting the ID mobile phone number which they had cut off!! The last correspondence we ever got from them was 4.5.22 to say it was ending and being cut off on the 6.5.22 no mention of anything owing. They told us on 6.4.22 that our final bill was £14 and we paid it then. Had no idea until we get refused our mortgage. Have gone back and forth with them and have screenshots of 3 online chat notifications with 3 separate advisers saying it WILL be removed from my credit file, then today they get in touch and say it WILL NOT be removed. I've spoken to them at length and they are not budging but have apparently escalated my complaint I just have to wait another 3 days.

I've now reached out to the citizens advice bureau, reported them to Watchdog and will be reporting them to OFCOM too. 

Has anyone on this thread had success with having this removed off their credit file? £3.32!! Such a random amount they've plucked out of thin air that they have never ever informed me of. They've tried to claim today that they sent a letter by post on 11/5/23 over a year after it was due, to alert me to it, but the late markers they put on were June July and August 2022, when I said I think that's a lie that you sent a letter you've never sent anything but a simcard to me in the post before why would you send a letter by post when all bills have always been emailed. I have paid the £3.32 now I know about it straight away, but a mortgage app decline should not be how we find out about these charges!

They promised to remove the late markers and have now massively backtracked. They're an absolute joke. My kids are devastated we're going to lose the house. I'm just totally distraught!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jade Sloan,

We are sorry to hear this.

We would usually send out the relevant notifications including a final demand letter.

However if you would like us to check on your complaint, we can do so here via PM.

If you are waiting for an update our Complaints Team should be in touch soon.

Should payments not be made on time this would be recorded against your credit file as iD Mobile are obliged to provide an accurate representation of your payment history, therefore, any negative impact recorded on your credit file cannot be amended.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?