my contract has ended, why am i still getting billed

My phone contact ended on the 9th January 2023 why I’m I still get bills from Id mobile that should not happen as the contact has finished 

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No, the contract hasn’t finished, your minimum term has. Your service will continue on a 30 day rolling basis. You need to provide the network with notice of cancellation as per your contracts terms and conditions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Susan Edwards 

As @WelshPaul mentions above it may be that your contracted term is up but this wouldn’t automatically cancel on it’s own, it’d need the account holder to cancel the plan.

If you’re at the end of your contracted term you will have the choice of upgrading to a new device, upgrading to a SIM only plan or if you’d prefer to leave iD Mobile you’l be able to request a PAC code to take your number to another network or if you’d be happy losing your number you can request a 30 day disconnection.

If you’d like any assistance with upgrading I’d recommend taking a look at the website or calling our sales team on 0207 1391 397.

If you’d like assistance with leaving iD Mobile or disconnecting your plan please let us know here so we can get in touch.

Tom

Can I jump in Tom?

my contract ended on 30 NOV 2022 yet you are still taking out £57 a month? Any chance of a refund ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can I jump in Tom?

my contract ended on 30 NOV 2022 yet you are still taking out £57 a month? Any chance of a refund ?

Perhaps the contract minimum term has ended @Neil Avison?

Thereafter, your network service will continue on a monthly rolling basis.
To cancel, you’ll need to provide iD with notice of cancellation, as per your contract terms and conditions, agreed at the point-of-purchase. 

Where do I find the notice of cancellation?

Also why is the monthly charge £55 IF the contract has ended,surely that should be less if I am only paying for data/calls and not the device

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Where do I find the notice of cancellation?

Also why is the monthly charge £55 IF the contract has ended,surely that should be less if I am only paying for data/calls and not the device

I suspect quite a few are caught out by this @Neil Avison

An iD contract continues indefinitely once its minimum term is completed, at the going monthly rate.
The onus is on the customer to do something at the end of the minimum term.

You should find terms & conditions for your contract online at: 
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions/pay-monthly

Hi @Susan Edwards 

As @WelshPaul mentions above it may be that your contracted term is up but this wouldn’t automatically cancel on it’s own, it’d need the account holder to cancel the plan.

If you’re at the end of your contracted term you will have the choice of upgrading to a new device, upgrading to a SIM only plan or if you’d prefer to leave iD Mobile you’l be able to request a PAC code to take your number to another network or if you’d be happy losing your number you can request a 30 day disconnection.

If you’d like any assistance with upgrading I’d recommend taking a look at the website or calling our sales team on 0207 1391 397.

If you’d like assistance with leaving iD Mobile or disconnecting your plan please let us know here so we can get in touch.

Tom

Surely though after 2 years the device was mine so why didn’t the plan cease at that amount and become cheaper if phone is paid off

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Surely though after 2 years the device was mine so why didn’t the plan cease at that amount and become cheaper if phone is paid off

I’d agree with this sentiment @Neil Avison, but unfortunately that isn’t how iD Mobile operate. 

If your iD plan ceased you’d have been disconnected.
Once your minimum term finishes, you automatically move to a rolling monthly contract at the same monthly rate, despite paying off the handset. 

The onus is on the customer to change to a cheaper option upon completion of the minimum term. I’d recommend checking the contract terms & conditions at: 

I’d agree with this sentiment @Neil Avison, but unfortunately that isn’t how iD Mobile operate. 

If your iD plan ceased you’d have been disconnected.
Once your minimum term finishes, you automatically move to a rolling monthly contract at the same monthly rate, despite paying off the handset. 

The onus is on the customer to change to a cheaper option upon completion of the minimum term. I’d recommend checking the contract terms & conditions at: 

We tried to cancel but no one would answer the phone,live chat wouldn’t load and why wasn’t I told about the monthly £55 or £57 as it is now (think at the start we were paying £49ish) , was looking at a nice pay back as I have struggled to pay the £57 with all my bills increasing in price daily and I am out of work.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

We tried to cancel but no one would answer the phone,live chat wouldn’t load and why wasn’t I told about the monthly £55 or £57 as it is now (think at the start we were paying £49ish) , was looking at a nice pay back as I have struggled to pay the £57 with all my bills increasing in price daily and I am out of work.

Only online help & support - iD don’t have a telephone support helpline.

I’m just a forum member like yourself @Neil Avison - I don’t work for iD.
Not sure why you weren’t told about the annual price increases linked to CPI/RPI.

You can also contact iD support privately using Facebook Messenger or X (Twitter) DM. 
The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends) - any out-of-hours messages should be picked-up when they’re next on duty. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Neil Avison 

As mentioned above, despite the minimum contract term ending, this doesn’t mean that your contract and plan will be changed, the user would need to make a change to the plan themselves, if you have met your contract’s minimum term I’d recommend checking your iD Mobile app/website for upgrade options, either to a new device or even a SIM only plan if you’re happy to keep the device you have and reduce costs.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?