Solved

My Credit Score Ruined and cannot get a mortgage! I have a 1 year old baby and dreams are crushed!

• 9 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I have not been checking my credit score frequently for the past 3-4 months as I was not really looking to buy any property as I only recently thought about searching for property. I had a look at my score couple of days ago and i found out i had 3 missed payments of £3. I have a permanent contract with ID which i currently use, however this Sim I had taken out temporarily for my parents when they came to visit me in London. I had closed the account following a call with the customer service agent. I had not received any letter of late payment to notify me, otherwise I would have instantly paid it off. Afterall, I have a regular ID sim contract for my phone and never missed a payment! However this was not the case I can see now. This resulted in those 3 missed payments. I spoke to ID mobile on the chat and they apologised and paid the missing payment themselves. This has taken a massive hit on my credit score and I was going to apply for mortgage to buy a property. I have a very young family and we have been renting. Finally now we got some money saved up to buy a home and this happened. . I don't know how to rectify this as if you look at my details its completely perfect and my score came down due this issue. Is there anything that can be done to remove this from my credit score? 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 10 July 2023, 13:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I had closed the account following a call with the customer service agent.

No you didn’t because there is no way to call customer services.

I had not received any letter of late payment to notify me, otherwise I would have instantly paid it off.

Bills are available to view online 24/7, they are not sent via royal mail.

I spoke to ID mobile on the chat and they apologised and paid the missing payment themselves. This has taken a massive hit on my credit score and I was going to apply for mortgage to buy a property. I have a very young family and we have been renting. Finally now we got some money saved up to buy a home and this happened. . I don't know how to rectify this as if you look at my details its completely perfect and my score came down due this issue. Is there anything that can be done to remove this from my credit score? 

You were late paying your bills and thus is reflected on your credit file. Such entries will not be removed from your credit file! iD Mobile are legally obligated to provide credit reference agencies with accurate and up to date payment information.

@WelshPaul 

Hi.

That was a mistake from my part, I meant chat with an agent not call and you don't have to be rude with your answer!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I wasn’t being rude, I was responding to a claim you made. Anyway, if I was in your shoes, I would ask an iD Mobile employee to look at the account and see if there was a way around removing the default (given it’s such a low amount). Do you have Facebook or Twitter? Drop iD Mobile a DM a their social media account will get you help far quicker than waiting for a response here. Good luck 🤞🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @RajeevK,

When you cancel an account, we advise that a final bill will be produced following disconnection and recommend keeping the Direct Debit active to allow this payment to be taken.

If you do not have one active, you will need to pay this manually once prodcued.

We do send notifications and a final demand letter to the address confirming if a balance remains outstanding.

I can review the account to see if one was issued and advise further.

If we do have record of one issued, the mark applied would be valid and therefore the late payments recorded would also be.

We wouldn’t be able to remove it in this instance.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?