Solved

Two direct debits, one account?

• 11 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi, I ordered a new phone earlier today without realising that you need to have a separate account for each phone. The order appears to have gone through ok (I received an email saying ‘Success ...Your order is now being processed’). My existing phone plan isn’t due to come to an end until next Summer so what should I do? I don’t really want to cancel the new order and it’s not remotely likely that I’ll need to change my plan on either my new or existing contract (I mostly just use my phone/s at home). Is it ok if I just leave things as they are? What if any problems might it cause for your or I? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 11 October 2022, 20:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well @LilzDad73, it sounds like you’ve already got two iD accounts, following your recent phone purchase from iD Mobile.

If your don’t mind paying for two iD plans, then just carry on paying the bills.
Each of your iD accounts will have its own direct debit, which might come from the same bank account.

Good luck. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks Ande, funny you mention that as I got confirmation sent to my latest email address (I’d switched addresses since I first signed up with iD Mobile), so it would be good if I had the option for this latest contract to be unique. Yeah, I did get a little impatient (guilty as charged!), being that I still have a contract in place, but a second phone will definitely be useful around the home 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your two iD contracts will be unique.
You’ll be able to sign-in to each iD account separately - this is how iD Mobile do things.
🙂

Userlevel 2

Great! Thanks Ande! Glad to hear it 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @LilzDad73,

Each iD contract requires it’s own iD plan.

We do allow upgrades if you wanted a new phone but this is done via the account and only possible from the last 60-days of your contract.

Let us know if you still need help.

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

Hey @LilzDad73,

Each iD contract requires it’s own iD plan.

We do allow upgrades if you wanted a new phone but this is done via the account and only possible from the last 60-days of your contract.

Let us know if you still need help.

Mohammed

Thanks Mohammed. Yes, I did purposely intend for this phone to be an additional contract, I wasn't seeking to upgrade. I'm hoping that I have the opportunity to access both accounts separately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @LilzDad73,

Thanks for clarifying.

You should be able to register the new contract with a different email username and manage these individually.

Let us know if you have any issues.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?