Question

upgraded and dont understand the next bill

• 6 August 2023
  • 8 replies

I recently upgraded my phone this last week (1st August) and don't understand when the final payment from my old phone will go out? Will it go out on the 18th as normal or go out next month? My bill says £23 something for this month but then my email says charge £61.09 (old phone cost) then underneath line rental £26.99 (new phone cost). 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Chloe Dunderdale,

If you upgraded, then the bill goes out on the normal date.

Bills are charged for a month in advance so your last bill (before this one) will tell you what a normal billing period is.

E.g. if your old plan was £22.99 and it was produced on the 1st of each month, this bill will cover the 1st of the month to the end of the month.

When you upgrade, you are effectively changing your plan but we’ve already billed you for this period at the old rate.

We would then re-calculate this for you but on your next bill.

Your next bill is for a month in advance at your new contract price e.g. £26.99

But then we provide a credit from the date you upgraded last month, to the end of that month.

This is then re-billed but at the new plan rate.

So if you were on your new upgrade for 15 days, your next bill will be the normal monhtly line rental + 15 days credit worked out at the old price, then 15 days line rental charged at the new price.

The bill date and payment date won’t change.

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

I 'upgraded' on the 8th August from a £10 a month contract to £7 contract with the first 3 months at £3.50.  My billing period runs from the 24th July to 23rd August. I've now received my new bill which indicates a pro-rated monthly charge of £5.09. It indicates the -£3.50 discount and the -£10 payment received and  then states that my next bill will be £1.57. How was this amount arrived at ? There are no  calculations shown

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I 'upgraded' on the 8th August from a £10 a month contract to £7 contract with the first 3 months at £3.50.  My billing period runs from the 24th July to 23rd August. I've now received my new bill which indicates a pro-rated monthly charge of £5.09. It indicates the -£3.50 discount and the -£10 payment received and  then states that my next bill will be £1.57. How was this amount arrived at ? There are no  calculations shown

The above forum article might help in this situation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @twosheds,

We hope that the article that @andewhite provided helped.

However if you still require assistance, please get back to us here and we would be happy to assist you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi I changed my plan on the 13 of last month from £10 to a new phone at £22 I pay the £10 for last month bill but it saying that this month's bill is £32.72 why is this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Brian spencer,

Welcome to the Community!

When you change plans you would be charged some of the old plan and some of the new plan.

We would advise waiting for your bill to be produced as that would provide an accurate bill amount.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Brian spencer,

Welcome to the Community!

When you change plans you would be charged some of the old plan and some of the new plan.

We would advise waiting for your bill to be produced as that would provide an accurate bill amount.

Kash

Hi kash got it all sorted yesterday thanks anyway 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Brian spencer,

Glad to hear that.

If you ever require assistance you can always get back to us here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?