Solved

What's my final bill for

• 17 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I ordered a sim only contract on the 11th and I cancelled it on the 14th but you’ve charged me £1.86 so can you tell me what’s it’s for as the sim card is still sealed in the packet you sent it in.

icon

Best answer by Tom 19 July 2023, 14:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @jason, iD seem to rely on 11.4.3 and 26.5 within their terms & conditions to charge for line rental up until the point of disconnection.

IMO this is sneaky - not sure what you can do though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jason 

Although the plan is cancelled very early you would still owe for the time the contract was active, SIM cards are active upon dispatch, not upon first usage within a device.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @jason 

Although the plan is cancelled very early you would still owe for the time the contract was active, SIM cards are active upon dispatch, not upon first usage within a device.

Tom

Why are you charged the day the sim card is active because you cannot use it while it’s in the post 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @jason 

Tom

Why are you charged the day the sim card is active because you cannot use it while it’s in the post 

Probably in order to squeeze a little bit more revenue out of customers @jason.

It’s just like when the minimum term on an iD handset contract finishes, iD will carry on charging for the handset even though paid off, until the customer changes or updates the plan.
🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @jason,

We connect the SIM on dispatch as we do with handset contracts.

It’s not possible to connect this once receiving the SIM.

Therefore the first bill is produced within 24-hours of connection.

Mohammed

Hi guys, I joined the ID network for £10 monthly which included unlimited calls, texts, 50GB data. I requested my PAC within 1 hour as the network was shocking. I ended up getting my PAC code 48 hours later. I eventually left the network and joined another provider within 8 days of the 30 day contract (within 14 days cooling off period). Why was I charged £10.32? For 8 days usage, I was charged the full month and £0.32 more? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @jason 

Tom

You say sim cards are active on dispatch so why is it I’m being sent out a new sim card but I need to activate it when I receive it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @jason,

Only replacement SIM cards need to be activated.

SIM cards sold with the initial connection are activated when dispatched.

These are 2 different things.

Hi guys, I joined the ID network for £10 monthly which included unlimited calls, texts, 50GB data. I requested my PAC within 1 hour as the network was shocking. I ended up getting my PAC code 48 hours later. I eventually left the network and joined another provider within 8 days of the 30 day contract (within 14 days cooling off period). Why was I charged £10.32? For 8 days usage, I was charged the full month and £0.32 more? 

Hey @Tayyib Shah,

Did you have any out of plan spend on the contract?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?