Why has my bill increased?

why was my bill increased from £29 to £34?

Mohammed 1 year ago

Hello @Andrzej Formela.

Sorry to hear about the bill increase.

Have you viewed the PDF bill that we produce in the app? This should explain any out of plan charges or what this bill refers to.

We recently also sent out notifications about a price increase due to RPI/CP increase for 2023.

If it’s a recurring increase then this will be the reason.

If it’s a one-off then it’s likely just an increase due to out of plan usage, change of plan, upgrade or change in payment date as these all incur pro-rata line rental.

Info on RPI here: https://idmobile.co.uk/rpi

Info on CPI here: https://idmobile.co.uk/cpi 

Mohammed

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Andrzej Formela.

Sorry to hear about the bill increase.

Have you viewed the PDF bill that we produce in the app? This should explain any out of plan charges or what this bill refers to.

We recently also sent out notifications about a price increase due to RPI/CP increase for 2023.

If it’s a recurring increase then this will be the reason.

If it’s a one-off then it’s likely just an increase due to out of plan usage, change of plan, upgrade or change in payment date as these all incur pro-rata line rental.

Info on RPI here: https://idmobile.co.uk/rpi

Info on CPI here: https://idmobile.co.uk/cpi 

Mohammed

I need help 

My bill has increased this month by nearly £7 and I only upgraded and chose my plan in October. If this is the price increase then u can change my plan or just cancel as I refuse to pay that amount and I did not receive any notification on the increase AND NONE of the links you provide work… how can I speak to a person over the phone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Sophie Bridgewater,

The texts were sent in March to let customer’s impacted know.

You would have agreed to the terms & conditions when making the purchase as well as notified that RPI/CPI is applicable on all plans.

If you wish to cancel, you would be subject to a Termination Fee for the duration of the contract as you would now be outside of the returns period to cancel this.

We can send you a PM to help with processing the disconnection if you’d like?

Mohammed

Can I change my plan to make it cheaper? 

I definitely have not received a text to inform me of anything 

Can you even explain why your website is so **** and live chat doesn’t work? Clearly this is a failing company

Lol you only post responses you want people to see 

Websites **** and live chat doesn’t work, can you explain? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No you cannot.

Doesn’t rally matter if you received the text or not tbh… You agreed to it when you signed the agreement.

???

No you cannot.

Doesn’t rally matter if you received the text or not tbh… You agreed to it when you signed the agreement.

???

Why can’t you change your plan? 

No you cannot.

???

Why can’t you change your plan? 

Who ** is welsh Paul do you even work for ID?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Answer my question and I will answer yours @Sophie Bridgewater

Either way, my reply, although blunt and straight to the point, still stands. If you're under any contractual minimum term, then you cannot downgrade your service plan until said minimum term expires. You can however switch to a higher tier service plan at any time during your contractual period. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sophie Bridgewater 

If you’re in your contracted period you won’t be able to make your plan cheaper than it currently is.

All customers are sent a text about RPI/CPI changes as they’re coming into effect, as well as always being agreed to at the point of sale for all iD Mobile contracts.

I’ve just tried the live chat with success, I’m unsure what issues you might be having with it, I’d recommend another browser or device.

Please refrain from abusive language on this platform, continued usage of such language may lead in breaking our community guidelines.

We don’t hide or delete any fair posts or comments here, some of your posts were automatically flagged and held back due to the language used and amount of posts in a short time.

@WelshPaul is a community member much like yourself who is very helpful here on our community, please treat other community members, iD Mobile employee or not with respect.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?