Solved

Why has my direct debit date changed to 27th when I selected 1st?

• 8 June 2023
  • 6 replies

I joined ID Mobile on the 6th and my first payment was due on the 19th.

I prefer all my bills to come out as soon as I've been paid so I used the app to change it to the 1st for future payments however when I went in the next day it shows my payment date as 27th and won't let me change it.

Can anyone advise why this has happened and how I can correct it? 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 12 June 2023, 13:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Samtastic23 

The payment date would always be 2 weeks after the bill is posted, if the payment date lies on a non-working day it’ll move to the nearest working day.

You’ll only be able to change your direct debit date once every 6 months.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/directdebit

Tom

Hi Tom,

It asked me when I wanted the payment to come out though and I said 1st of each month so why is it showing 27th? 

Originally before I changed it, it showed the payment date as the 20th.

I understand my bill would have to recalculate to add in the extra time until my new payment date but I've done that before with other bills.

I just dont understand why it asked me to pick a date and then ignored it and changed it to a completely different one, I'd rather just stick with the original date if it can't be the 1st but I'm blocked now from making further changes.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m guessing the issue could be the payment date was changed before a payment had been taken.

Perhaps the iD systems were designed to prevent the period between start date and first payment date being more than 3-weeks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey Samantha, Have you just joined us?

Your next bill would be the one impacted not the current as we can’t change your payment date for a bill already produced.

Usually this means for a payment date of the 1st  your bill will be produced on or around the 17th or 18th.

I’d recommend waiting until your next bill is produced.

Payment would then be 14-days after as we try to move it to the date you selected where possible.

If your next bill isn’t produced by the 19th at the latest, then it may be worth getting in touch.

Mohammed

Thank you both, yes I've recently joined, I'll just wait until this first bill is paid and go from there then. Cheers, Sam 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Samtastic23 

No worries, let us know how you get on.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?