Skip to main content

I’ve been with ID mobile since 2015 with a DATA ONLY sim (no text or voice) and never had an issue with logging onto my account, after it was set up by ID Mobile.

Recently (in the last few months - since April) I am being forced to ‘onboard’, when I go to the account log on page.

I am asked for my ID mobile number, which I have copied form a previous invoice, however, the ID system then sends the number a text  (It’s a data only plan!.

How do I get into my account to view my bills?

Mark

Hi @Mark Leigh,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Well, it’s not solved as I still cannot log in - wot a poor company - very unhelpful

“Forced to onboard”?    What precisely does that mean?

Is there any error messages when you attempt to login?

Technically, being a packet switched network since like the mid-late ‘90s it’s all data. Voice  becomes data for transmission. Reassembled as audio on the other end. SMS has always been data. I personally think it’s a piss take they’re handled differently for billing purposes, as to the network it’s all data, regardless.  Armed with PBX software (like asterisk) you should be able to data → voice.  It even has an SMS module.

Hi @Mark Leigh 

I can see we discussed this with you in PMs. Your plan is a data only plan, a very old type of plan that we don’t offer anymore.

To receive an SMS, you’ll need a plan that includes SMS. Instead of taking onboard the information we presented, you seemed to reject this fact.

If you don’t want to upgrade or change to a plan that includes SMS, that’s up to you, but without SMS, you won’t be able to create an account, sorry.

Tom

@Tom Thanks for your response but I use the data only sim in my iPad and do not want SMS or voice on my iPad (and why would i?).

When I first joined in 2015 a helpful agent was able to activate my account their end (after security checks) I understand that since iD Mobile upgraded their portal in July, this is no longer possible. 

I’m frustrated that SMS seems to be the only option available to register to get access to manage the account.  Why isn’t an agent able to help active my account? why can’t an email be sent to verify instead of SMS? or use another way that does not involve SMS?

I am further frustrated that after going down the iD Mobile complaints process nothing happened and I was referred to the Ombudsman who in turn couldn’t do anything either.

So my only option is to cancel - oh wait I  CAN’T ACCES MY ACCOUNT TO DO THIS 

Sorry, you see my frustration.

Mark

Hi there @Mark Leigh, of course, we appreciate your frustrations and apologise.

You’re in correct in saying that with our old system/app, we could get you the verification code via our customer services, and since the new system/app release, we can’t do so anymore. This is simply because we now use a completely different system which doesn’t allow our teams to retrieve that code for you.

Secondly, the verification code is sent via text for security reasons, and also because we only officially support the usage of our SIM cards in the handset devices listed on our website. Therefore, with that in mind, our verification system is via text and not email, one for security purposes, and two, because we predominantly sell our SIM contracts for handset devices. Therefore, to get your verification code, you’d need to enter the SIM into a supported handset device I’m afraid.

In terms of cancelling the contract with us, of course we wouldn’t want that, but if you decided to, you don’t need to login to leave us. You can simply contact our live-chat, or another customer service team, and ask to leave us:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Sorry again Mark.

Thanks,

Tyler