Solved

Signal drop recently?

• 22 September 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Anyone else noticed a signal drop in the TS18 area? My signal has always been weak compared to my friends on different networks but i've always got by, but over the last week its dropped to the point that i have trouble getting a signal at home or work. I've tried the signal checker and it says 'very good'
icon

Best answer by Kevin 24 September 2019, 16:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Iannn,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing coverage issues recently.

Can I get the full postcode of the area so I can take a look at the coverage and see if there are any issues with the local masts?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
TS18 2PB
Userlevel 4
Badge +10

It appears an unplanned outage has affected the local mast in that area recently, and unfortunately a date hasn't been given by the Three Network Engineers just yet as to when things should be back to their old self.

In cases like this though, we'll monitor this with you and ensure you're not left having had to pay for any service disruption here. We will also raise a ticket with our Tech Team to try and find out more about any ongoing work in that area and hopefully learn when things will all be wrapped up by.
Though to do so we'll need you to reach out to us privately with some details.

If you could get in touch with us either through:

Dialling 0333 003 7777 for our Customer Services Team.
Reaching our Live Chat Team here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us
Contacting our Social Media Team on Facebook or Twitter
Emailing our office 

If you're choosing to email us, please include in your email your iD Community username, your full name, home address and postcode, mobile number, and email address.

I am in TW121NU. I used to have a great phone signal in my area,  For the last 10 days the signal has been virtually non-existent - just one bar at best.  First, is this likely to improve soon?  And secondly, I would like a refund as I am finding great difficulty in making and receiving calls.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @EelPie,

It does look like we’re performing some work in that area today and tomorrow due to several unplanned outages in the week or so.

Please let us know how you get on after tomorrow so we can reassess the situation for you, and look at some sort of reimbursement as requested.

Will

Hi Will,

I have been experiencing the same problem since I last contacted you. However, as I am writing this I have a full signal for the first time. Are you still doing work in my area? 

I do feel I should receive a refund for the past 2 weeks.

Regards.

Gina Way

[Removed]

And now, on Tuesday morning, I have no signal or 1 bar again.

Gina

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @EelPie,

I’m sorry to hear that the issues have come back, we can see unplanned outage on a network mast in your area and it has been ongoing for some time. That being said, there are other masts close by which your phone should be able to connect to in order to obtain a signal. If you try a manual network search within your phones mobile network settings to get a fresh connection, does this make things any better?

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?