Solved

Still no service for the past 3 weeks

• 8 September 2020
  • 3 replies

It's been over 3 weeks and several inconclusive "chats" since I've been able to send and receive texts or calls. As I am elderly and disabled this is not sustainable and I can't even get into live chat now. I need to cancel my contract and go to a different provider but can't see how if live chat is unavailable. Very unhappy with the situation.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 11 September 2020, 14:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Greenwoman,

We’re sorry to hear about what is happening here. Is the issue constant or intermittent? Have you tried to restart your phone or have you been able to test your SIM card into another phone?

In regards to moving to another provider, you can take your number with you which will end the plan. Text PAC DDMMYY to 65075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999). We'll text you back with your PAC number which will be valid for 30 days.

You can find further information here: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/cancellations-59/how-do-i-cancel-my-id-mobile-plan-31836

Ryan

Hi @Greenwoman,

We’re sorry to hear about what is happening here. Is the issue constant or intermittent? Have you tried to restart your phone or have you been able to test your SIM card into another phone?

In regards to moving to another provider, you can take your number with you which will end the plan. Text PAC DDMMYY to 65075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999). We'll text you back with your PAC number which will be valid for 30 days.

You can find further information here: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/cancellations-59/how-do-i-cancel-my-id-mobile-plan-31836

Ryan

Thanks for the info Ryan. It's pretty much constant, though occasionally I do get incoming texts and calls. Can't seem to dial out at all and texts are usually a fail too. I've done the reboot, remove the sim procedure a number of times but to no avail. I don't have another phone I can try it in unfortunately but was wondering if the sim might be the problem. Would I be able to get a replacement to try out and check?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Greenwoman,

Thanks for clarifying that.

We’ll get a PM sent over now so we can send out a replacement SIM to see if this helps fix the issue.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?