Question

4G Data Speeds with Mobile Router

• 30 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I just bought a Tenda 4G Mobile Router.  Insert a SIM with data and it provides internet access.  Assume an area has good 4G coverage.  What are the min/max/average: 1) PING 2) Upload 3) Download speeds with iD Mobile?

I bought a SIM from one provider and was horrified to see 3mb download, 1mb upload and ping=48 which is more like 2G than 4G.

My goal: use as a replacement for a home router for a few months only.  

I’d appreciate your thoughts.  Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @B9182736,

We don’t have a guaranteed minimum speed and will entirely depend on the area, distance from masts, construction of walls, type of device etc 

You can test the SIM in different rooms just to see if this makes a difference.

If you’re unhappy with the speeds, we do offer 30-day returns for any contract purchase made from iD Mobile directly.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

This is disappointing.  The device is 4G and the area has 4G.  In this case unless a provider deliberately limits speeds I should be able to benefit from full 4G assuming there are no issues from Masts etc.  So my question is really:  Do you as a provider limit download/upload speeds or ping?  

The current provider is clearly limiting speeds.  Before purchasing a Data-SIM from another provider, I have the right to know that you do not limit speeds. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We don’t limit/throttle speeds on our network @B9182736,

The speeds you’re receiving are likely down to other factors that are causing issues here.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thank you. 

Why iD Mobile?