Solved

4g to 5g

• 10 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

the  top offer from Carphone warehouse once added to basket  states 4g sim offer but I assume it will be 5g   no mention of the extra 8gb .

Anyone  taken this offer? id mobile cant help as its not there offer. Carphone the same as the person I spoke to couldn’t help.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 10 August 2021, 15:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1

20gb max or 12gb  ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @tomuk30,

I think I spoke to you earlier today and confirmed it should be 5G as our SIMs provide 5G on all plans providing you have a compatible phone and in a 5G location. 

Some phones not on the compatible list may still work but may have issues if a software update stops this etc.

We’re working on adding phones regularly.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

you did Mohammed ,what I dont get is the confusion with the offer is it 12gb plus extra 8gb if chosen over 12 months equalling 20gb, if its not there is no mention of 4gb plus extra 8gb there is also no 4gb offer either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @tomuk30,

It’s the way Carphone Warehouse are advertising this.

The deal is the amount you’ll get on your plan but the red box just states in comparison to the same deal you’re getting that much extra for the same price.

So for the 20GB deal you get 12GB extra for the same price, where as normally that price would be what you get for 8GB Data if that makes sense.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Phone help was not helpful ,ended up doing a chat message the following text is from it 

•  Welcome to our Live Chat Service. A representative will be with you shortly.
    Info: You are now connected with Carrie. When you have finished chatting with us today, you will be given the option of emailing yourself a copy of this chat.
    Info:
    Carrie: 
    Hey there, Tommy. Welcome to Carphone Warehouse. How can I help you today?

tommy: i can you confirm the following Product ID : 22272889
    tommy: is 5g and a 20gb deal taken over 12 months
    tommy: £8 but changes in basket and states 4g sim
    Carrie: 
    Would you like to know if the deal is 5G ready.

tommy: sort of I want confirmation it is 5g and a 20gb deal at £8 over 12 months
    Carrie: 
    Yes, I can confirm that the deal is 5G ready.

tommy: and 20gb?
    Carrie: 
    The product code you have shared has 12GB data, unlimited texts and minutes and not 20GB, the extra 8GB has already been added on the advertised data amount.

tommy: so it is 20gb ? advertised as 12gb as the next page when purchasing doesnt state this.
    Carrie: 
    I am sorry, I do not fully understand.

Carrie: 
    Are you still with me, Tommy?

tommy: if im seeing it correctly its 12gb monthly,then taken over a year you get an extra 8gb per month making 20gb ,am I wrong?
    Carrie: 
    The extra 8GB has already been added into the 12GB that is advertised, therefore, it would be 12GB monthly, as it would normally be 4GB data.

tommy: my mistake not a good deal then for me ,as im on 18gb for £8 already
    Carrie: 
    I understand, a 20GB data deal we have would be £10 a month.

tommy: no mention of 4gb btw ,so very confusing as it states extra after showing 12gb
    Carrie: 
    I am very sorry about he confusion, Tommy.

tommy: ok thanks
    Carrie: 
    Is thee anything else I may assist you with from my end?

tommy: no thanks
    Carrie: 
    Thanks for using the Carphone Warehouse Live Chat service today.

Info: Thank you for chatting with us.

• Delete
  • Move to
  • Forward
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry to hear the deal wasn’t suitable.

We do have SIM only deals via us directly if you’re interested: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/sim-only-deals

You can use the link above to browse.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks Mohammed 

Why iD Mobile?