Solved

Cal failure - "service provider does not support calls to this number"

• 8 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve recently swapped from Three to IdMobile (so the same network), but on making longer calls today, I keep getting the following message being played after a small period of time:

• Cal failure - "service provider does not support calls to this number"

Can anyone help - I’m calling someone who has dementia, so it’s just adding to the confusion on the call itself.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 11 January 2023, 14:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @RichardGillis,

When did you switch your number over to us?

Is this happening to all numbers or the same number only?

Have calls ever worked to this number before on our network?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Number was switched between Christmas and the New Year.  It’s happened on both my wife’s phone and mine yesterday (both on Idmobile) - calling different outgoing phone numbers.  Same automated voice message about 5-20mins into the calls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @RichardGillis,

Just checking, is this happening on every call or just specific numbers on specific networks?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Unknown, but I can give example dates and time when it did happen.  Outgoing calls from 2x IDMobile SIMs on different Iphones calling 2 different numbers (a landline and a Three-mobile).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @RichardGillis 

Let’s get a PM sent and if we can get some examples sent over this might help get this looked into further.

Not sure if there’s any further troubleshooting that might solve it without the TechTeam checking the account.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?