Skip to main content
Solved

can’t make or receive calls only have 1bar no 4g

Frustrated!! Initially worked fine and last 6 weeks network/signal has been intermittent where I’m unable to make or receive calls unless using WhatsApp! I’ve tried resetting the phone numerous times and tried everything suggested in the ‘chat’ from others having same issue, regarding settings etc. Checked network coverage status, etc for my area and says all is good it reckons. Tried disabling my Wi-Fi on phone which 4G makes an appearance, but disappears once I turn Wi-Fi back on again, and oh my signal only has x1bar 😫. Please, please advise 

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Cheryl Jones 

I’m sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you have this issue?

Does this issue happen everywhere or only certain locations?

Tom

Postcode is S66 and issue is happening everywhere at home and outdoors. I have 1bar. Noticed that I had 4G yesterday for a few moments, but disappears quickly. Just tried phoning someone and it will not connect, then tried without Wi-Fi and got through 2nd time (which is a first)! WhatsApp is mostly the only way that I can make or receive calls. I used to have issues now and then with previous provider and this was caused by something in the ‘comms box’ at the top of my road not being connected properly. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @Cheryl Jones, could you confirm the full postcode(s) please so we can investigate further?

Also, are the same issues persisting?

Thank you,

Tyler

S66 2ST. Today not able to phone out or  receive calls. This is so frustrating!!! Also why so long in answering my query?  

Forgot to add that I was at Meadowhall Sheffield with 4g and good signal. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Cheryl Jones,

I can’t see any issues in the area.

Have you tested the SIM in a different handset to see if that makes a difference?

If you don’t see a difference it may be worth testing a replacement SIM.

Kash

No it didn't help, cant make or receive calls Le3 2jp

I called into Curry’s store and have changed the sim, but still the same. Cannot make and receive calls only via WhatsApp.or messenger.

So what do you suggest now please??? Losing faith!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Sadek 

I’m not seeing any issues in the area of LE3 2JP, when you move to other areas further away, do you have the same issue?

How are texts and data?

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Cheryl Jones 

You can’t receive or make calls anywhere you go or just in S66 2ST?

Please note that we aren’t a live chat service here and cannot always respond here quickly, if you’d like a quicker service, please use our Facebook, Twitter or Live Chat pages.

Tom