Skip to main content
Solved

Cant get coverage in my new home

I can't get coverage in my new home even though the chart on the ID app shows I have coverage available inside & out. Can I get out of my contract or am I stuck with a useless contract?

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Morning @Nic Stech,

What’s the postcode you’re experiencing issues at?

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi

It's FY77FG 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks @Nic Stech. Looking at the Ofcom coverage checker, all UK networks struggle in your area. Ofcom says the Three network seemingly gets no signal for Voice calls, but Three’s own checker suggests you do.

Have you tried using Wi-Fi calling? We’ve got a handy guide below with more information:

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

I can't get any Internet signal 4G or 5G either its a total blackout. It maybe connects for 10 or 20 minutes when listening to the radio then goes off.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there @Nic Stech, sorry to hear that. Have you tried resetting your network settings and restarting the phone?

Are you also able to try the SIM card in another device at all?

Thanks,

Tyler

Userlevel 1

What would resetting the settings do? I've tried restarting the phone but it doesn't solve anything. I have no other device to try the sim in. 

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Nic Stech 

This would help reset the settings and re-write them in, ensuring that the settings are all correct.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I keep getting "Selected network (ID) not available". I'm paying for a service I don't get so would like to end my contract based on this. I've tried everything you have advised and nothing. 

Thanks

Userlevel 1

As you can see I raised this 16 days ago

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nic Stech to discuss exiting your contact, you’ll need to speak to our Live Chat team. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

This whole ID chat concept is a waste of time it's sheer luck I'm able to chat now and even then it's useless. Live chat never works, login failed everytime 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Sorry to hear you’re having issues @Nic Stech, are you typing “Speak to someone” to get through to an agent?

Perhaps try a different device or browser if you’re having issues accessing it altogether?

idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

I got this text through after speaking to the 3rd agent and taking over an hour. So we shall see what ID (Currys) mobile have to say. They were telling me I had to pay over £300 to come out of my contract. I explained that I'm paying for a service I'm not recieving and so I want you to take me out of my contract with no fees. We shall see..

"Hello, we have now logged your complaint and we'll do our best to resolve it within 7 working days. If it takes longer to resolve, we will keep you informed of the progress. You can view our Customer Complaints Code here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-code-of-practice for details around timescales and our investigation process."

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for confirming @Nic Stech - this’ll be handled by our dedicated complaints team. If you don’t hear from them in 7 working days, pop back here and let me know.

Userlevel 1

It's been 2 days but will let you know either way.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Well I hope everyone reads this before taking out a contract with ID mobile.

After moving to a new property where I get no/limited signal and calls cut out all the time, I recieved an email to contact the complaints department by phone.

After they read through the issues I have, I have been told its nothing to do with ID mobile and they can not take me out of my contract as it's my own fault for moving to an area where the signal is poor and it's nothing to do with them.

I now have to continue paying £24.80 pcm for this awful service until 28/7/2025.

Thanks for nothing ID mobile!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Nic,

Do you connect to your hone WiFi, if so disconnect to see if things improve.

Also what not mentioned earlier Ofcom actual say that 3 and EE both limit your call and data performance when connected to a WiFi network.

Also that O2 and Vodafone don't limit, they actual in fact have connected their masts to the BT fibre network to support /ease the their phone network loading.

I'm in the same situation and have an ID esim and redirect calls to the physical sim, on lebara (Vodafone)

Userlevel 1

That other sim in my phone has never been topped up I don't use it. I just had it so put it in the phone along with the ID sim

It's when I'm out and about and on the move not just indoors so it wouldn't be connected to a WiFi network anyways.

How did you go about the e-sim and getting it redirected? Did it work for both incoming and outgoing calls?

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

Nic

To get a ID esim you to start a live chat with ID requesting a esim, then follow the instructions they send you.

Then get a sim card from ,sim only,  looking below O2 or Vodafone, preferable from one of their mvnos o2 giffgaff, sky, tesco,  Vodafone lebara, talkmobile , asda or voxi. Make sure you get monthly contract so can cancel easily.

On receipt insert and activate sim.

Open phone click settings, 3 dots. open calling accounts, open iDmobile2 then call forwarding , select always forwarding  add your physical phone number starting +447xxxxxxxxx, without the leading 0

Back to calling accounts and set make and receive  calls to your sim only card provider.

The only problem is the sim only number appears on recipients phone, I ask them add this number to my contact details, but have the I'd number as the default to call.

In 24 months I'll get a PAC no. to keep my cherished and move to a O2 or Vodafone mvno , in my case probably Lebara due to price.

Data last updated: June 2024, based on the latest data available to Ofcom.

Provider Voice Data

EE Limited None

Three None None

O2 Likely Limited

Vodafone Limited Limited

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/mobile-coverage#pc=FY77FG&uprn=100012418827&vw=map

Userlevel 1

EE is the only network that seems to be strong up here. I really don't want a monthly contract when I'm already paying for this crap network or will any EE sim do, ie; pay as you go?

Shame that ID's own staff can't recommend this or even other things to try other than resetting my settings.

Thanks for the advice though Ken, appreciated 

Userlevel 1
Badge

No problem, according to Ofcom, EE has voice but no data, a paygo sim will work as long it hit credit

I chose this as I want a pixel 8 and ID had cheapest and I cant afford to return the phone or now settlement for ending contract early, got 22 month to go

Userlevel 1

So if the other sim needs credit then I might as well just take the ID sim out and use EE but thisnis not what I want as then I'm paying for 2 sim. I'm lost tbh

Userlevel 1
Badge

My contract is £23 plus £5 for lebara

Userlevel 1

Well after the complaints team told me there was nothing I could do & it was my own fault for moving. They said they would pass it on to their manager and I've heard nothing in weeks. So DO NOT GO WITH ID MOBILE THEYRE A JOKE!

Also for the coverage checker, when you use the ID Mobile signal checker, my area is covered in doors and out and it says its "excellent" absolutely appalling customer service with no advice on what I could do or try just a plain and simple "there's nothing we can do, thankyou"

I just feel robbed

Userlevel 1
Badge

Agreed, all Ive got with id is an affordable Pixel 8.