Skip to main content
Solved

Full signal but data doesnt work

• 5 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I live at WS14 9NG, we have lived here for 3 months. We get between 2 and 4 bars 4g in the area but both my phone and my wife’s phone will not work for data and when in a call we can only hear the other end, they can rarely hear us. She has a Pixel 8 pro and I have an iPhone 15 Pro Max, I also have a Samsung A15 and it is the same on this. 

I wanted to speak to someone but the chat applet doesn’t work so I’m posting on here. I presume if this isn’t fixed we can leave within our contract as this is a fault and we are paying for this but you are not providing the agreed service?

Many thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Okay @Yemey Littlemountain, if the Live Chat doesn’t work maybe try:

• Allowing popup windows in your web browser.
  • Using a different web browser.
  • Try an incognito / inprivate window in your web browser.

Otherwise, you can also contact iD support by PM, using Facebook Messenger or X (formerly Twitter).

Looks like your area doesn’t have enough bandwidth for network data.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there @Yemey Littlemountain, welcome to Community!

We're very sorry to hear you're having issues with coverage.

Please take a look at our coverage checker, which will show you what your signal strength should be like in your area, for all of 3G/4G/5G, for both indoors and outdoors.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

Furthermore, please take a look at our network partner Three's network status checker, which will show if there is any maintenance or performance upgrades going on in your area. If the website states that's the case, then it's likely that this is disrupting your coverage, and we hope that this is resolved soon for you.

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Please take a look at both of these. If you believe you should be experiencing better signal than you are, or if the networks status checker on Three's website isn't showing any upgrades or maintenance, then please do let us know.

We’d also recommend restarting your phone and resetting your network settings.

We’d also advise choosing between 3G, 4G and 5G and see which gives you the best coverage.

Thanks,

Tyler

Userlevel 1

Hi

The network is constantly congested and is completely unusable. I’ve raised a complaint and asked not to be called as I obviously can’t speak on the phone most of the time as there is no usable signal but they just tried to phone me and I ended up with several missed calls but the phone never rang. 

I will need to contact the regulator as there is not suitable network coverage and I should really have a refund. 

Jamie

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Yemey Littlemountain,

Have the Complaints Team been in touch since you posted here?

If you still require assistance, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Hi

The network is constantly congested and is completely unusable. I’ve raised a complaint and asked not to be called as I obviously can’t speak on the phone most of the time as there is no usable signal but they just tried to phone me and I ended up with several missed calls but the phone never rang. 

I will need to contact the regulator as there is not suitable network coverage and I should really have a refund. 

Jamie

I get that too, just comes up as missed call out of nowhere, and messages can take a minute or two to come through. 

Getting dropped calls a lot and where I can hear them but they can't hear me recently too. I think they've taken on way too many customers and because they're piggybacking on three, the network can't handle the traffic. My small town of 10k people only has one mast belonging to three on the hillside next to the town, probably fairly old and the glens grown a lot. Perhaps ID mobile need to build their own masts and part ways with three.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @Ollywoly, sorry to hear that.

How long have you had issues for please?

Thanks,

Tyler