Skip to main content
Solved

full signal but horrifically low data speed 100kbps

Hi I signed up yesterday and setup my eSIM earlier today. My mobile data speed is woeful and unusable at 100kbps despite having full signal 

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Perhaps save yourself from any hassle and return your order in the cooling off period, @Nick Dale

Mines not work for over a week despite unlimited data and mainly using WiFi.  No idea why and no way to get any support 

Userlevel 1

Mines not work for over a week despite unlimited data and mainly using WiFi.  No idea why and no way to get any support 

Have you checked the Network Status checker? It might be worth trying ID’s social media channels. They are apparently effective 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ive just bought a contract. And my speeds are abismal at 1.6 Mbps whereas with my old service Lebara (Vodafone) I get 100 Mbps , testing using ookla speedtest.

The wife has a 3 contract and she tested at 3.8 mbps.

I'll check the link above

Regards

Ken

Just checked and coverage 4G is excellent,  Status no reported problems.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there @Kenw, we're very sorry to hear you're having issues with coverage.

Please take a look at our coverage checker, which will show you what your signal strength should be like in your area, for all of 3G/4G/5G, for both indoors and outdoors.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

Furthermore, please take a look at our network partner Three's network status checker, which will show if there is any maintenance or performance upgrades going on in your area. If the website states that's the case, then it's likely that this is disrupting your coverage, and we hope that this is resolved soon for you.

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Please take a look at both of these. If you believe you should be experiencing better signal than you are, or if the networks status checker on Three's website isn't showing any upgrades or maintenance, then please do let us know.

Please also try restarting your phone, and resetting network settings.

Thanks,

Tyler

Userlevel 1
Badge

Tyler,

Apologies for not responding sooner.

Fortunately I have excellent broadband at home I'm still poor speeds Max 8.6mbps outdoors, less indoors , same in our town centre.

Two years ago I had the same problem, and wasn't resolved then expect same now.

Using 3 and. iD coverage tools data and calls is 4G excellent indoors and outdoors.

Ive now got a esim, no improvement there, I plan to get and paygo sim when out and about hopefully i can redirect calls to my id esim.

I'm thinking is it possible to some point to transfer back to physical sim, and then get a PAC to transfer to a different sim. But keep my contract sim and existing  contract with a new id number. I would two sims , one with ID and another sim with my cherish number on  different network. I'll follow this sometime in the future.

Hope this makes sense.

Please close this query

Userlevel 1
Badge

Tyler,

Ignore the last message, Ill simply just get a data sim from another network.

Ill just use ID for calls

Thanks for help

Regards

Ken

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Kenw 

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues with data?

Tom

Userlevel 1
Badge

Tom,

My post code is BB33ET.

I was with 3 a couple of years ago with the same problem and leaving early.

Thought it might have changed but hasnt.

I already raised my concerns with a colleague at ID, Troy with the solution of me getting a Vodafone sim only for data.

I would have left but I got a great deal on a Pixel 8 and will leave ID once my contract ends in 22 months.

There's nothing you do to help, 3 service is the worst.

Their coverage map for my town is a lie.

Regards

Ken

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Kenw 

Taking a look the area of BB33ET should be good for 4G coverage, 5G may be weak or unavailable.

You purchased 2 months ago, all iD Mobile plans have the option to leave early in their cooling off period should you find coverage isn’t for you, was this not considered?

Our signal is the same as Three UK, if you have issues with their signal, it’d be the same with us.

Tom

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have been having problems with Indoor coverage  , with iD/3 and according to OFCOM network coverage checker both 3 and EE limit network availability when the device is connected to broadband network.

Whereas O2 and Vodafone do not limit there network when connected to a broadband network.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @Kenw, to confirm, you only have issues indoors, not outdoors at all?

Thanks,

Tyler