Skip to main content

I complained about this subject a couple of months ago and was sent a signal strength checker link which showed signal good, but obviously not good as I still had zero bars on my phone and wife on same network had non. Well a couple of months on and still the same situation. Both my wife and myself are fed up with this situation, we are missing calls and or being cut off mid conversation due to signal. The first month with I’d was no issue at all but now it’s terrible. We are only about 4 months into a 12 month contract but seriously thinking of looking of way to cancel as a waste of time at present.

Unfortunately @Steven Lingwood, the iD Mobile online signal strength checker shows a theoretical prediction of signal strength, not the actual signal for any given location in the UK. 

The OFCOM mobile network signal check is often a better guide.

Try https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/mobile-coverage.

Hi, thanks for this but the data seems to be from June 24 at which time all was ok.

Indeed, OFCOM data last updated on June 24, but perhaps this doesn’t necessarily mean their data changed for your location. 

Maybe you can use the iD WiFi Calling service at your location (with the poor indoor/outdoor reception), @Steven Lingwood

Hi @Steven Lingwood 

As mentioned above, the coverage checker is only an estimate, it does not guarantee you’ll have signal in the areas it may show.

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

Could you let us know as accurately as possible when signal went from good to bad?

Tom

Hi DH3 2HY.

cant remember exact date but would be mid July.

Thank you @Steven Lingwood 

Can you please also confirm the handsets yourself and your wife are using? 

Nat 

Hi, mine is an iPhone 11.

wifes is a galaxy s20 fe.