Skip to main content

Outgoing calls and 4G isn't working 

Hi @Dempster 

Could you share some more detail?

Is this a brand new phone and sim? If so is it PAYG or Contract

Are you using a new pay monthly sim only SIM in an old handset?

Have you ported across from another network?

Or have you recently upgraded?

Hi @Dempster 

Okay, how are texts?

Does this happen everywhere you go or just certain areas?

Are you still having issues with this?

Tom

Outgoing and incoming calls and data not working South Yorkshire area

is there a network issue 

Outgoing and incoming calls and data not working South Yorkshire area

is there a network issue 

Parts of South Yorkshire are within an area where Three UK (the iD network partner) have shutdown the 3G network, @Gary Richardson

Perhaps you’re in that area, and your handset isn’t compatible with the iD 4G Calling service need for calling.

Try “Status Checker” option from https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage.

Thanks for that but I have a iPhone 15 pro compatible with 5 and 4 g

looks  like there’s a issue with network as my wife is with Smarty and her phone is down??? 

thanks 

@Gary Richardson,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like whilst 3G is being phased out the team are working on improving the 4G and 5G coverage.

How long have you had the issue? Are you still having issues?

Kash

Thanks the issue is resolved 

The three network had gone down in our area

thanks 

That’s great to hear Gary; apologies for any inconvenience during this time. 

Ed

I'm on contract I'm getting texts but can't call out. I need my phone for work 

Hi @Ando1967 

Sorry to hear this, how long have you had this issue?

Are you unable to call certain numbers or all number?

Are you able to receive calls?

Tom

3 day it's been like this .

Calls go to answerphone which I can't access .

I can get texts 

I have full signal and I still can't call mobile or landlines numbers ?????. I tried calling my call box still no joy . I need to talk to someone!!¡!!!

Hi @Ando1967 👋🏻

What phone do you have? As this will help in determining what help can be given.

Hi @Ando1967,

Please let us know if you are still experiencing the issue.

I would advise contacting our Live Chat Team and they can assist you as quickly as possible.

Kash

Hey Kash, I’m also getting the issue and would flipping LOVE it if you or one of your buddies could just tell me what’s wrong. I’ve been on LIVE CHAT for ages and it’s a waste of time (look, I’m even having to CAPTILISE things for no good reason just so people will pay attention). How about you get someone higher up at ID Mobile to take some responsibility for it and actually get it resolved with Three. You can’t just keep gaslighting us all forever. 

*capitalise

I must have been very ANNOYED not to spot that. 

Well… it’s been five days and still no resolution or contact from the live chat, technical or complaints team. I’ve already chased this enough. Will be requesting my PAC code now and will have to follow up the rest with the complaints team when they’ve got time to address it. Very poor customer service.

Hi @JHK 👋🏻

What phone do you have? As someone may be able to point you in the right direction with this info
x

Hi @JHK 

Taking a look we can see you indicate your issue was resolved with a suggestion from another user.

Please avoid spamming multiple posts for attention, we respond here when we can, typically oldest post to newest, spamming wouldn’t mean you’ll be seen quicker.

Tom

I am having similar issues.

Good 4G signal, intermittent data, often no data flow at all.

Three’s 4G network appears to be saturated in north Cornwall where I am on a short break.

The really annoying aspect is that there are 3 or 4 3G only Three sites nearby and none of them have been upgraded to 4G. When I am occasionally connected to a 3G site the data is operational.

Just to be clear my pixel 8a phone fully supports 4G and 5G. It works well, where Three have provisioned enough network capacity.

Hi @NoDataAgain 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

Tom

Hi

A postcode was PL28 8LE.

4G Band 20 (from eNB 6741) provided a strong RF signal but no data flow and struggled to support voice calling.

4G Band 3 (from eNB 6741) only worked outside and when not obstructed by local buildings.

The two closest sites were 3G only sites and the phone would only connect to the 3G signals when the saturated 4G band 20 was lost.

When connected to 3G it was a lot better than the 4G band 20.

All in all not a good experience.

Hi @NoDataAgain,

I would advise contacting our Live Chat Team.

I have checked the area and I am unable to see any issues.

The team will troubleshoot further and raise a ticket if required.

Kash