Solved

Not registered on network

• 28 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been unable to make/receive calls and texts for a week. I have tried all of the suggestions made online- the simple ones, anyway. I have spent literally hours trying to sort this, the main frustration being that I can get no support. ID’s chat function is not working (and I’ve disabled my ad-blocker) and the contact process is impossible to follow. I found one website which said that the network is down (I’m in Plymouth) due to engineering work but I’m not sure whether that’s true.Has anyone got a suggestion for me to get some customer service?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 28 December 2022, 11:38

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I gather from what you wrote above that you do have signal on your phone but you’re unable to make or receive calls?Can you enter your postcode here and let us know what it says?

Userlevel 1

Oh. It says ‘We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area’. It seems strange that it should take a week to fix but with Christmas, I suppose it would drag on. Thank you, WelshPaul.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

One should take ‘We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area’ with a pinch of salt! Three have shown that message in my area (Whole City) for well over 14 months now. I believe it’s a generic message shown to users in an area where upgrades are being preformed on their 4G network. Three’s 4G network was dire and with the 3G switch off calls would have likely been an issue for many as all calls would go via VOLTE.

Were you late paying a bill? I strongly recommend you reach out to iD Mobile and have them check your account for any restrictions or other account related issues. If live chat isn’t working for you then drop them a DM via Facebook or Twitter. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jackyedgell 

Unfortunately outages are a nature of any network, our/Three UK’s signal would be subject outages also, we wouldn’t expect any outage to last more than a week, however due to the holiday period it could take Three a little longer to fix outages, we’d hope this doesn’t take too much longer.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Not sure why there is a solved notice on this chat because I still have no signal and am no closer to understanding why.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jackyedgell 

The post is marked as solved as you have chosen an answer to your question, this isn’t necessarily a reflection on the signal in your area.

I can see above you’ve mentioned you checked the Three Outage Checker which marks that they are aware your area is suffering from an outage and are working on it.

Tom

I lost my phone and so I had a new sim replacement, however its not been able to work, as I can't make or receive calls unless am in the house and uses the Internet.  I checked and it says no mobile registered network. But I activated my sim when it came. It so frustrating.  What do I do now? My mobile data is unlimited but its now working 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Pam85,

Replacement SIM cards need to be activated first as they are sent blank.

Head to https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/your-sim-card to activate this first.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?