Poor network coverage at home

• 18 November 2020
  • 36 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

36 replies

Userlevel 1

@Ryan 

There is no change in quality of signal when I select network manual (3G and 4G). 

Recently I have experience very srtange issue.. my calles were disconnected exactly after 2.34 sec .. not sure it is related issue or not but I face this issue for 2 days.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Niyat Mehta,

I have merged both of your topics here to keep things in one place to make it easier for you to obtain support.

We are sorry to hear that you are still having issues at home. As it is an issue with the mast, we would expect the issues to be worked upon as soon as we can. In the meantime, does manually searching for a network connect help at all? This tends to force the phone to connect to a stronger mast if there is one nearby.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

@Michelle 

I am having this issue when I am at home. This is the same situation for last 2 months. 

Shall I expect it as permanent congestion? If not who will fix it and by when?

Userlevel 1

@Michelle 

Its been 2 months and situation is like this only. 

Shall I expect it as permanent congestion? If not who will fix this and by when? 

End user does not bother about this congestion, we expect good quality and signal strength. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Niyat Mehta 

We can see there is some congestion on a nearby mast, this may be the reason why you are seeing drops in your signal. 

Michelle 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Niyat Mehta 

We can see that there has been some congestion on the mast which provides your service within your area, this may be the reason why you are seeing drops with your signal.

Are you having issues with your coverage when you are outside of your postal area or just when you are at home?

Thanks

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

@Kevin 

Post code - HA14QJ

It is like this since beginning. Wifi is enabled on my phone and I do use it.

If I change network to 2G/3G then it slightly improves but not great. When I select 4G it is poor. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a rought start there @Niyat Mehta 

Have things been bad since day 1?  Or did problems gradually get worse over time?

Could we get your full postcode just to check if any known issues are affecting the closest masts there currently?

Do you have WiFi calling enabled in your phone (if supported)?

Userlevel 1

@Kevin 

Post code - HA14QJ

It is like this since beginning. Wifi is enabled on my phone and I do use it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry to hear this @Niyat Mehta 

Were things better originally, then took a decline?  Or has it been the same since you started?

Could we get the full postcode for where you’re at?

Do you have WiFi calling enabled in your phone?

Userlevel 1

I have recently joined ID but since then I am getting very poor coverage at home. Signal strength is only one bar and very rarely it goes to double bar. 

Is this the quality of coverage I should expect going forward? If so I will be forced ro choose other network. 

Why iD Mobile?