Skip to main content

poor phone signal

I'm another customer complaining about poor signal coverage. I was on Vodafone for nearly 20 years and never had a problem with signal or coverage here in Cornwall but since swapping across to ID Mobile it has been poor. 

I've swapped SIM cards with the wife and even used my old phone and it's definitely not the phone. I'm basically paying for a service I can't normally use so a total waste of money. 

So are you going to offer me a great deal so I can leave earlier and go back to Vodafone.

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @Tez Hayward, we're very sorry to hear you're having issues with coverage.

Please take a look at our coverage checker, which will show you what your signal strength should be like in your area, for all of 3G/4G/5G, for both indoors and outdoors.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

Furthermore, please take a look at our network partner Three's network status checker, which will show if there is any maintenance or performance upgrades going on in your area. If the website states that's the case, then it's likely that this is disrupting your coverage, and we hope that this is resolved soon for you.

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Please take a look at both of these. If you believe you should be experiencing better signal than you are, or if the networks status checker on Three's website isn't showing any upgrades or maintenance, then please let us know, or contact our live-chat team for further assistance:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Kind regards,

Tyler

Using your mobile cover checker, the signal strength for my address (TF1 1SB) should be excellent both inside and out. In fact neither my wife nor myself can obtain a signal higher than one bar of signal strength on either of our phones. Why is this? In order to make a call we have to go to the conservatory at the rear of the house (which means we are effectively outside). If we can receive a call inside the house it sounds to the caller as if there's a fight taking place. My son and daughter in law who live 20 yards away are on EE and get a superb signal, again why is this? There's supposed to be no difference between their signal and ours.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @GrandadBob 

Taking a look the area of TF1 1SB looks to have some patchy spots, we’d expect some issues in and around the area.

EE have a completely different signal to iD Mobile (Using Three UK signal), their experience would be completely different to yours.

Tom

Hello Tom, thanks for your response. I was very concerned because we recently stopped using our landline and now rely solely on mobiles. A couple of years ago we had 5 bars of signal strength, now I have one and my wife has no signal unless she goes outside, and even then gets no more than 2 bars. A short while ago we had 5 bars on each phone. On looking at the status page on 3's network site, there are problems in this postcode area, but they don't appear to be willing to give any further details nor give an approximate length of time before it's back to normal. In the meantime we're paying full price for a very poor service.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @GrandadBob 

Please could you let us know as accurately as possible how long ago you went from having 5 bars in TF1 1SB to having as you say 2 bars?

Tom

We had 5 bars six weeks ago, it varies now from no signal to 3 bars. My phone uses Voice over WiFi, but my wife's phone doesn't have that facility. Mine is a Poco C65, hers is a Redmi Note 8. Hope this helps.

Still rubbish signal, for the past two nights I have one bar but my wife's phone has no signal at all.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @GrandadBob, sorry to hear that. In this case, please contact our live-chat so we can investigate further with you:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thank you,

Tyler

I've tried live chat, but because the account holder is my son they won't talk to me despite the fact that I pay the bills. It seems that the poor signal is here to stay so I'll be moving to EE as soon as possible. The signal checker on their website is totally inaccurate for my postcode and they're not doing anything to restore how it used to be. I suspect it's deliberate on their part 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @GrandadBob 

This would be correct, if you aren’t the account holder we’d need to speak to the account holder only about their account, nobody else.

The signal checker online is based on approximations and isn’t always correct, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

What makes you believe issues are deliberately made?

Tom

Hello Tom,

This is probably the last time I'll post in this community, as I said before I'm abandoning id mobile and their deteriorating signal and service. I've received my PAC code and am just waiting to receive my new SIM card from EE. A short time ago my signal inside my house was five bars, now I'm lucky to get one bar. My phone has to switch to WiFi calling in order for me to make or receive a call. Nothing has changed with my set-up so the rubbish signal has got to be because id mobile or the three network has switched something off. It doesn't exactly need a genius to work that out. Anyway I'll soon be on a network that values (hopefully) the customers that pay for a good service.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @GrandadBob 

Okay, we’d be happy to help if you wish however to look into an account we’d need the account holder to contact us themselves.

We wish you the best of luck with your new network.

Tom