Poor service in South Oxfordshire

• 31 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Been an I.D customer for about a month now and the signal in south Oxfordshire is so poor it's unbelievable. I checked my coverage on the I.D website and it says I wil get an excellent 4g signal. As of late I've been checking on a speed app and I'm only getting 2mbps and that's only if I can get the app to connect. I mean I live in a major Oxfordshire town and it so poor. I did notice a new 5g mast being installed in the town centre a couple of weeks ago but I'm not sure which network it belongs to. Any idea when things are likely to improve?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Broxy 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had issues with coverage, please could you let us know the postcode so we can check?

How long have you had issues here?

It’s worth noting that within your first 30 days with iD Mobile (14 days if purchased in store at Currys) you’ll be able to cancel your plan with iD Mobile on this basis.

Tom

My postcode is OX11 about half a mile away from Didcot town centre . I've had the contact about 5 weeks now and I do travel around Oxfordshire quite a bit. OX11 in Abingdon is a little better and Oxford is pretty good. It's just the poor signal around Didcot and the surrounding areas I'm annoyed with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Broxy,

What’s the full postcode as we need this to find the masts that serve this area and can check further.

Mohammed

Postcode is OX117QH

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you look at coverage for Didcot online at https://mastdata.com, the real world coverage on the Three UK network (iD Mobile’s network partner) doesn’t look great on 3G, 4G and 5G.

If you look at coverage for Didcot online at https://mastdata.com, the real world coverage on the Three UK network (iD Mobile’s network partner) doesn’t look great on 3G, 4G and 5G.

Ahh yes makes interesting reading. Yet i .D say it's excellent coverage....what a blatant lie. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, I think all the UK mobile networks online coverage checkers rely on computer models of predicted coverage at any given location.

The actual real-world coverage, at any given location, may be better or worse when compared to the computer prediction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Broxy 

The postcode OX117QH on our iD Mobile coverage checker does suggest that the area could be a patchy one, as @andewhite suggests our coverage checker would be an estimate and not definite, all iD Mobile plans have the option to return at the start of the contract should you find that the coverage is not suitable for you and the areas you use it in.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?