Solved

Slow internet or no internet

• 30 December 2020
  • 9 replies

I have serious problems with the service 

In my house I have a signal but the Internet does not work and when it works it is too slow or without connection. 

on the street I have an LTE + signal and it is too slow I attach a photo of a speed meter 

Vivo en N22 6xr

icon

Best answer by Ryan 9 January 2021, 15:29

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Alex007 

Looking at the N22 6XR postcode, we can see there has been a little congestion recently.  Though nothing should be so bad in which you get incredibly bad connection indoor or outdoor to that extent.

Have you been able to try your iD Mobile SIM in another phone to see if that gives the same results?

Have you tried going to Mobile Network Settings in the phone and telling your phone to try connecting “3g” only to see if that helps?

Do you have WiFi calling turned on?  This can help you a little in areas of which you have WiFi access, but can’t get good mobile signal in.

I have already tried to change the phone and it works for a few minutes and then it stops working even with a signal.

and I tried to put it in 3g and I did not attach an image that if I have a signal but it does not connect. I am inside the house. even having a signal it does not connect or work. 

sometimes it works indoors but the speed is very bad it does not exceed 2mb 

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

There is congestion on the network in your area. Three are quickly upgrading their network to eliminate these issues. Read more here!

Keep safe in these uncertain times,

octopus16

How can I cancel the sim? If I don't have coverage in my area, the service is useless.

hire the sim for one year. because the price was good but the internet is too bad in my area. 

taking into account that I do not live so far from the center, the internet is too slow outside 

of the 50gb they give me, I have used less than 1gb a month. because of poor internet coverage.

You can see in the image that I have all the LTE + signal and still the Internet is very slow 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Alex007,

There may be a termination fee that applies if you cancel the plan too soon. We will send you a PM so we can look into this issue further for you.

Ryan

I SWITCHED FROM VODAFONE TO iD CAUSE PEOPLE SAY PLANS ARE CHEAPER WITH iD. IT IS CHEAPER BUT THE DATA VERY VERY VERY SLOW. IT’S LIKE A DIAL UP CONNECTION. IT WOULDN’T EVEN LOAD GAMES, VIDEO CALLING DROPS OR IT WOULD JUST KEEP LOADING. YOU’LL BE LUCKY IF YOU GET A BLURRED IMAGE. POST CODE: GY46UT. ARE THERE EXTRA CHARGES IF I TERMINATE THE PLAN PREMATURELY?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I SWITCHED FROM VODAFONE TO iD CAUSE PEOPLE SAY PLANS ARE CHEAPER WITH iD. IT IS CHEAPER BUT THE DATA VERY VERY VERY SLOW. IT’S LIKE A DIAL UP CONNECTION. IT WOULDN’T EVEN LOAD GAMES, VIDEO CALLING DROPS OR IT WOULD JUST KEEP LOADING. YOU’LL BE LUCKY IF YOU GET A BLURRED IMAGE. POST CODE: GY46UT. ARE THERE EXTRA CHARGES IF I TERMINATE THE PLAN PREMATURELY?

No charges if you return and cancel your contract within the cooling off period. Otherwise you will have to pay the early termination fee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Marlo Peneyra,

Welcome to the Community!

As @andewhite advised you can return within the returns period.

If you decide to leave after the returns period and before your minimum contract period, you may be charged an early cancellation fee. This will be equivalent to the total cost of all monthly charges remaining until the end of the minimum term of your agreement.  

You can view your early cancellation fee in the iD Mobile App or My Account online, just follow the steps below:   

1. Log in to the iD Mobile App or My Account online 

2. Go to the My Account page and tap Thinking of Leaving

3. Click Switch or Cancel Now 

4. Choose Leaving cost and follow the instructions

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Greggs,

Welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear about the data speeds you are receiving.

Please can you check your coverage and network status using the link below as any work being carried out will effect the coverage.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

Kash

Why iD Mobile?