Solved

SMS not sending

• 17 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just joined ID with a new iphone13 and ported my number across but text messages will not send to contacts without iPhones.

Can anyone help please?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 19 September 2022, 16:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try turning OFF iMessage on your new iPhone 13.

Good luck @Jackie White.

Userlevel 1

Already tried this but no joy unfortunately, but thank you.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Jackie White, have you tried sending an SMS with Wi-Fi turned OFF and Mobile Data turned OFF, on your new iPhone 13?

With Wi-Fi and Mobile Data OFF, can you SMS messages to non-iPhone and iPhone contacts?

Userlevel 1

I turned of imsg managed to send a text to an android phone! Switched imsg back on and now I can still send texts to android phones so thank you that has worked!! (Next imsg to iphone trued to go as text but failed, but next went as imsg).

The other problem I have is that my number seems to have ported across from EE (contacts can see it’s me) but on the data for Phone in settings the original number is still there, I changed it to my ported number and hit save but it reverts to the phones original number? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

A network reset might fix the phone number issue.

You can’t change it yourself - your iPhone is supposed to get the number from the service provider.

Anyway, good luck @Jackie White.

🤞 

Userlevel 1

Ok thank you for your help 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I turned of imsg managed to send a text to an android phone! Switched imsg back on and now I can still send texts to android phones so thank you that has worked!! (Next imsg to iphone trued to go as text but failed, but next went as imsg).

The other problem I have is that my number seems to have ported across from EE (contacts can see it’s me) but on the data for Phone in settings the original number is still there, I changed it to my ported number and hit save but it reverts to the phones original number? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Glad to hear that @andewhite  was able to help solve these issues for you!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?