Solved

the network coverage in bradford is so poor i cannot use maps feature or data when in lots of areas

Userlevel 2

I signed up I'm December since then I've had the worst network coverage I've ever had from any network . The signal for calls and texts works everywhere but unfortunately the data signal is poor in lots of areas . I rely on maps and data fory work and am often out n about and not able to use data I'm having to hunt for public WiFi like a nut just so I can use maps or Internet its ridiculous as I'm paying for unlimited but 95% of the time it doesn't work and never works within my home either . When I speak to 1d they say there data "is not intended for home use "" but this wasn't specified when I purchased.  However since start of contract I've used only 1kb of data which shows how irregularly I'm able to connect . On top of this price of contract went up by over £9 in space of 3 months I signed at£33 in Dec now by March it's gone up to £42 ! To pay South and not be able to use data using disgusting . I feel I was nice in signing up to this network I thought I'd give it a try bur I've been sorely burnt this time abd now I'm stuck with the poor speeds for 2 years !! It wasn't such a good deal as I thought . Do your homework guys 

icon

Best answer by Buso91 29 March 2023, 16:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

27 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess, as you say, always a good idea to do your homework first.

Was coverage with your ‘old’ service provider(s) different @NooNoo12?  

The iD Mobile terms & conditions agreed at the time of purchase cover the issues mentioned, such as: personal vs. business use (in section 5.9), signal reception (in section 4.4), and the annual cost increase in April (in section 12.23). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @NooNoo12,

We provide 30-day returns on all purchases made from us directly which should give plenty of time for you to test the coverage to your liking and contact for a return if unhappy.

We don’t guarantee coverage accross the whole of the UK and as @andewhite mentioned, this isn’t a service we provide for business use.

How long have you had these issues? 

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

I an not using it for any business just very light outdoor use for maps and just normal Google searches etc my old network was vodafone abd never ever had a signal issue it never once failed but this is daft the signal is strong enough to do maybe one search then it drops connection.  I'm going to trading standards as its totally unusable but I'm now bound by contract to 1d . The service on calls is fine but literally data is terrible only connects 5% of time.  Friends have all other networks and non mention connectivity issues . I checked coverage before I Coughton with 1d and it said it was good across all the district however this is obviously falsified info as there are literally 100s of complaints online regards 1d connectivity in bradford all experiencing similar issues to me 

The phone I use is s22 the one I signed up for with contract 1d now saying its "not the best" for there network !!! So why offer it as a deal I'd its no good !! Trying to make me upgrade to more "suitable" phone when I'm only in contract 3 months Is really low why sell me a phone that you knew wouldn't work on your network . That's false advertising 

Userlevel 2

Same. I also joined in December and it’s gotten worse and more expensive. I barely use my phone because of it and work from home luckily so can use my wi-fi because the data is unreliable. It’s bad, honestly.

Thinking to complain officially because it’s false advertising and unacceptable really. 99.8% coverage. I live in a big UK city so it shouldn’t be like this and it wasn’t on my networks before ever. I’m quite tech savvy too so I don’t know how I was tricked into this. Feel really naive, didn’t think it would be as bad as it is.

I’ve currently got one bar signal. Everywhere.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The coverage piece has a little footnote, which goes to the following statement:

The 3G network is being turned off now, with works scheduled for completion by end of 2024. 

All the UK mobile networks have online coverage checkers that only show the predicted/theoretical coverage, not actual coverage, at any given location.

Userlevel 2

To the first person who complained you said “I guess, as you say, always a good idea to do your homework first.” and then replied to me with information that isn’t common knowledge.

“The 3G network is being turned off now, with works scheduled for completion by end of 2024. 

All the UK mobile networks have online coverage checkers that only show the predicted/theoretical coverage, not actual coverage. at any given location.”

The above wasn’t information given online.

ID-mobile is liable. 

I’ll have to take it further.

Userlevel 2

As if 3G being turned off is affecting 5G services

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

To the first person who complained you said “I guess, as you say, always a good idea to do your homework first.” and then replied to me with information that isn’t common knowledge.

“The 3G network is being turned off now, with works scheduled for completion by end of 2024. 

All the UK mobile networks have online coverage checkers that only show the predicted/theoretical coverage, not actual coverage. at any given location.”

The above wasn’t information given online.

ID-mobile is liable. 

I’ll have to take it further.

The mobile networks all seem to add online caveats to their coverage checkers @Buso91.

For example, Three UK (iD Mobile’s network partner) publish the following:

Our 5G coverage map meets Ofcom High Confidence standard. However, although these coverage results are accurate, the information is only a guide and doesn't guarantee service availability in a particular location. Coverage may vary depending on your device and whether you're indoors. We are continuously improving our network to ensure our 5G service reaches even more customers. 

This is fairly typical of online coverage disclaimers.
All the best showing iD Mobile are liable.
🍀

Userlevel 2

I’ll just casually pass the information on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @NooNoo12 % @Buso91 

Are you able to provide the postcode(s) where you’re having issues so we can check the coverage and outage checkers?

Tom

Userlevel 2

Hi Tom,

I can give my postcode if I can talk to you privately maybe?

Apparently there is coverage in my area and my neighbours are coping fine. My contract only started in December and the phone i got - Iphone SE 3rd Gen, was 5g ready.

I pay for unlimited data and have no data. Hopefully it improves because it was already pretty average to begin with so this is unbelievable. And then to be told by someone very likely not to be an individual and definitely not a customer with IDmobile - to do your research. omg.. it’s comedy really. Lol robbed in broad daylight 247 and no one really cares.

Userlevel 2

My outage checker says no outage but I am unable to use data in all areas sproadacislly in bradford whereas any other network I've used even giff gaff and Vodafone in past never had a problem latest place I couldn't use was in clayton area of Bradford and also in bd1 2st which is bang in town centre it failed to connect to maps on Huddersfield Rd bd12 too its just so unreliable  constantly having to sign into public WiFi which I've never had to rely on before I pay for unlimited but I'm so limited I can only use my data when in my house !!! How daft is that 

Userlevel 2

I don't understand why 5g intro is making everything not work ill happily stick with whatever is below 5g if it works as normal but all I know is I've had contracts with Vodafone lyca and mum has three and non ever before failed anywhere on Data connection but this one fails everywhere I don't use for business use don't know where that's come from I use it to get around to find addresses on maps and light search just while commuting but literally I can't even connect to candy crush on way home it will let me view some things but internet connection goes if I try use maps or any games it will show a Google result sometimes but then 95%of time if I hit the link it won't follow it due to no internet . And yes I agree with Buso91 it's gone up from £33 to £41 just since December! I purchased based on price so that's not really fair but I'll absorb an increase if only the service worked well . Also I've tried turning off 5g n just using the other ones but that didn't help it shows lts not 4g but I've tried that and slightly better but still disconnects.  Ive got s22 Samsung unlimited data contract start Dec 22 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, the Samsung community has a long thread of posts from people reporting connectivity issues with the Galaxy S22.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/s22-ultra-signal-network-problems/td-p/5449434

I wonder if Samsung are more interested in the photographic capabilities of their latest Galaxy S series handsets, to the detriment of being able to call, text and use mobile data networks reliably.

Userlevel 2

Ive used Samsung phones for years on various networks and had no issues ever.  The outage checker om there website  shows no outages for last 7 days so not sure where the above info has come from but please could anyone advise of a number to speak to 1 d on as all my messages are getting ignored I need to make a verbal request 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD Mobile don’t provide a telephone support helpline @NooNoo12.

One possibility of talking with iD is if you make a complaint by calling 0800 049 2402 and providing the following information in your voicemail:

• Your full name
  • Your iD mobile number 
  • Details of your complaint
  • What you would like iD to do to put things right
  • The best number for iD to call you back on
  • Remember to press # at the end of your message
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @NooNoo12,

Sorry to hear about the issues that you have had. 

Did you get in touch with the team over voicemail?

Do you still require assistance with this? Is so, please let us know and we will send you a PM.

Kash

Userlevel 2

Yes please still need assistance handset is dangerously overheating constantly and still no data can be used ive paid for unlimited data for last 9 months and ibe never used more than 1gb in last 6 months . I've had alot of personal issues and grief so not been able to keep coming on here please please is there anyway I can take it to a service centre fir you to repair or replace please . Could I swap the handset for another ? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes please still need assistance handset is dangerously overheating constantly and still no data can be used ive paid for unlimited data for last 9 months and ibe never used more than 1gb in last 6 months . I've had alot of personal issues and grief so not been able to keep coming on here please please is there anyway I can take it to a service centre fir you to repair or replace please . Could I swap the handset for another ? 

Okay @NooNoo12, you can take it to any Currys store to discuss a repair.

Alternatively, you can contact the handset manufacturer to check eligibility for repair under the device warranty. Most handsets have a 12-month warranty, some have a 24-month warranty.
🤞

This forum article might help in this situation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @NooNoo12 

I’d recommend the above from @andewhite to take the device to your local Currys store to explore the option on a repair under warranty or contact Samsung directly.

Tom

Userlevel 2

I've tried contact Samsung directly but they referred me back to 1d I took it to curry's and they said I need to contact 1d to get a appointment for service centre ! . I will Copy this and try again today. However the apps not connecting is network issue and ive not used any data off my unlimited package despite paying for it for 9 months is thst 1d the  handset the overheating is handset issue tho I have 2 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @NooNoo12 

Please continue this with our CEO team.

Tom

Userlevel 2

I shall try again taking it to curry's on weds I've booked a service twice n they haven't been able to come and I don't want to send it away as I need the number on for incoming at least for my contacts at work . Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @NooNoo12 

Currys may be able to provide a loaner phone while your phone is off for repair, this would be subject to availability.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?