Solved

Upload Speed Is Slow

• 4 December 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey ID Mobile, Hope You’re All Ok and Staying Safe.

So I’m Just Gonna Put This Out There, My Upload speed is extremely slow, Reaching inbetween 3 - 5 mbps (sometimes lower than 3), is this a technical glitch? If so, please help me.

Just Asking Cause I need The Upload to be higher for My Live-Streams.

Cain.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 22 December 2020, 14:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Cain,

Upload speeds do tend to be lower on mobile network and factors can depend on congestion, distance from mast etc.

Please can you confirm your full postcode so I can check the masts in your area.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed, so sorry for the late reply, just saw thi

How do I send you my post code, over private message, or in this topic?

Userlevel 1

just gonna put this here, CB5 8UN

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Cain,

Thanks for that! I have checked your coverage and it should be at a good level indoors as an estimate. There was some disruption to 4G around 14th - 16th December and some work on the mast around 29th November but nothing else that we can see.

Has the connection got any better recently?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan,

You’re Welcome, Also, The Data Started To Get Better Around the 18th My End, It’s All Good Now, Thanks For The Help!

Hope You Have A Good Christmas!

Cain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Ryan,

You’re Welcome, Also, The Data Started To Get Better Around the 18th My End, It’s All Good Now, Thanks For The Help!

Hope You Have A Good Christmas!

Cain.

Glad to hear that Cain, you too!

Mohammed

Hi I've got the same problem. Since going from contact to sim only my cover and speed is poor. Contact was £17 month sim only £6 month. If you pay less does that mean they cut your service. Before change over I had no issues

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @BLACKBEARD 

We are sorry to hear you have recently seen a loss in coverage in regards to your data speed. Please can you provide us with your postcode so we can check the signal in your area?

-Mohsin

Postcode is PL 21 0JT. When I was on contact  costing £17 a month I never had any problems. Since going to sim only costing £6 a month I have slow speed and in some cases sites take a long time to load. Seems as I pay less per month the service had also been reduced. Because of this I am considering leaving ID mobile. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @BLACKBEARD 

We can confirm the signal in the area is fine and your local mast is also fine with no reported issues, however, there is a long-term outage at your neighboring mast which may cause the issue of slow internet. We can confirm this is an unusual issue that will take a carefully planned approach from a number of different teams to resolve. Because of this, it may take a bit more time than a normal fix would.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?