very bad signal( i feel scammed)

• 8 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Before i moved to ID i checked the coverage in my area and it said 4g was working fine, after the swap i have 1line of signal or 0, is this a joke? i feel like I'm being robbed, i have a new phone contact and unlimited data paying £61 a month FOR WHAT? why can't UK mobile Internet providers can fix the Internet problems for once? if you have network problems constantly why you rip-off people? 

I'm in BB1 area Burnley 

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Read your contract terms and conditions! You can cancel penalty free within the first 30 days. So, pack it up, send it back and try another network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Adrian Mihail 

I’m sorry to hear that our signal hasn’t been quite what you expected, while the coverage checker does often offer a good estimation of the coverage in any given area there can be areas which don’t exactly match up.

Have you checked the postcode on the Three UK Outage Checker as well to see if there’s an outage? It’s possible an outage is affecting signal.

It’s worth noting that as @WelshPaul notes above if you find the coverage isn’t suitable for you you’ll be able to return your contract on this basis.

Tom

Scammed with poor signal and dropped calls gone past 30 days. 

One bar on id and three bars on ee with phone mast 200 mtrs away.

Done all the sim swops and it's down to sold a bad contract.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

​Hi @Mickgrim 

I’m sorry to hear this, EE use a completely different signal network to Three UK, therefore coverage would be different.

How long have you had these issues?

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having these issues?

Tom

Had these issues since I bought it in Febuary .

As I have both sims in the phone it's easy to see a comparison and I'd are always lower on quality and strength postcode  NN68AB.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Which cell tower is only 200m away, @Mickgrim - the tower operated by EE, or the tower operated by Three UK?

Why iD Mobile?