Solved

"We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area"

• 13 August 2023
  • 1 reply

I switched to ID on the 4th of August from Sky Mobile. I’ve had constant issues getting any data to work, there’s either no internet or it’s ridiculously slow. Confirmed it is the SIM and not my phone by trying it in my friends phone with the same issue.

I’ve been checking the three outage reports and it has said there’s an issue in my area for over nine days now. I don’t know if this is really to blame or if the signal just sucks for me in general. A live chat rep told me it was most likely the latter, I’m within the cooling off period so will cancel my contract in all likelihood unless there’s a good reason to be hopeful that there really is an ongoing issue being fixed with the masts? The report states it will post updates but never does, it just updates the timestamp on the message throughout the day. I saw another poster state he/she had that network issue message on their postcode for over nine months so 9 days might be the tip of the iceburg even though it would have been unheard of from Sky Mobile for that to happen for more than a few days.

I’m happy with the phone (Galaxy S22) and the deal is good so it’s disappointing to leave. Postcode is SR85SB.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 14 August 2023, 13:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @betamaxbandit,

So Three UK Are in the process of the Big Build and part of this means they are switching off 3G by end of 2024.

This means ongoing work in alot of areas in the build up to this but also can cause increase in traffic to 4G whilst outage in some cases whilst they improve their exsiting 4G network to allow for more traffic.

In your case, if you are in the returns period and unhappy with the coverage, it may be best to look into a return as there’s no ETA showing on when the work will complete for.

If you need help with getting this returned and want us to PM you for this, please let us know.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?