Solved

Can I return a purchase made via Mobiles.co.uk to Currys?

Userlevel 1

Hi I bought my iphone 14 pro thru Mobiles.co.uk Can I return it by taking it into Currys?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 9 August 2023, 11:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

19 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Why would they accept?; you need go back to seller you bought from.

Userlevel 1

Because ID own currys or have something to do with them.  And in todays world you never know what is happening. Who’s doing what  And I’m paying ID and have a 24 month contract with them and it’s just good customer service when a company go’s the extra mile and I didn’t know what arrangement Mobiles co uk had with ID as they shift a lot of phones for them and do a lot of deals for them and put a lot of money in their pocket. Does that go anyway in answering your question?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Stevio777, the returns procedure for purchases from “mobiles.co.uk” is available on their website.

It starts as follows:

The document is online at: 
https://media.secure-mobiles.com/tandc/Mobiles_/Mobiles-returns-cancellation-and-exchange-policy-July22.pdf

It doesn’t appear to allow items to be returned to Currys.

Userlevel 1

It says on that   that you cannot take it out of the box So how’s that work?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m not sure @Stevio777 - all I noticed was that item should be returned in its original packaging. 

I think you can telephone “mobiles.co.uk” about your eligibility for a return - have you tried calling their helpline on 0330 678 0520? 

Although, if you’ve unpacked and used the item you ordered from “mobiles.co.uk”, then I don’t think the item can be returned, unless it’s faulty.

Userlevel 1

It says the handset should not be used.  What a Joke!

Mobiles are picking it up tomoz and replacing it in 3-5 days

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are “mobiles.co.uk” worth considering, when looking to purchase a new smartphone @Stevio777?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

They contradicted themselves because under their “Change of Mind” mobiles.co.uk say “As you didn’t have an opportunity to examine your product before you received it, within 14 calendar days from the day after you received your product we will either exchange it (in the case of a handset only) or cancel your agreement and provide a refund” but then go on to say you can’t examine the product, only look at the box. 

They also say under their 14 Day Return section:

• EnsuretheSim/Handset/Freegifthasnotbeenused(usesignifiesacceptanceofyour contract).

But then say:

• All products returned preferably in their original packaging.

Which implies you don’t have to return the goods in their original packaging but it’s “preferable”. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes, I noticed some of the contradictions as well @WelshPaul
Would it be unreasonable to say you can’t return an item for a refund, which had been used - assuming this wasn’t contradicted elsewhere?

I think the iPhone 14 in question, apparently gets HOT when used in-car with Google Maps for GPS navigation. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks Guys 👌

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Stevio777

Mobiles.co.uk returns need to be done through them directly which I believe has been answered above.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

After a lot of faffing around Finally, Finally, I have been able to return my mobile to Mobiles.co.uk

In the UK, both Mobiles.co.uk and the Carphone Warehouse are part of the Currys group

When you ring the help line with Mobiles.co.uk you go through to South Africa. The first operator arranged for the phone to be collected last Thursday. We were in all day and no one called. So it was arranged for yesterday Friday. The DPD guy called and said he couldn’t take it as it had no return lable. Grrr!

So I ring SA yet again. She said he didn’t need a return lable that was only for when it is returned thru a drop off point. So if you want something doing right do it yourself! Right? Right!

So today I dropped it off myself.

It would have been far far easier if I could have just taken it to Currys But Oh No. That’s just too easy isn’t it? Grrrrr!!!

Userlevel 1

Finaly I have been able to return my mobile to Mobiles.co.uk

In the UK, both Mobiles.co.uk and the Carphone Warehouse are part of the Currys group

When you ring the help line with Mobiles.co.uk you go through to South Africa. The first operator arranged for the phone to be collected last Thursday. We were in all day and no one called. So it was arranged for yesterday Friday. The DPD guy called and said he couldn’t take it as it had no return label. Grrr!

So I ring SA yet again. She said he didn’t need a return label that was only for when it is returned thru a drop off point. So if you want something doing right do it yourself! Right? Right!

So today I dropped it off myself.

It would have been far far easier if I could have just taken it to Currys But Oh No. That’s just too easy isn’t it? Grrrrr!!!

And it’s taken me 2 attempts to post this Double Grrrrr!!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

They may be part of the same group but they are separate entities. Both THREE and SMARTY are owned by Hutchison 3G UK Limited but you cannot return a SMARTY SIM to THREE and you cannot get any refund from THREE due on any SMARTY account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Stevio777,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear about this.

Do you still require assistance with this? Is so please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

But if I had bought the phone from ID Mobile, direct. As far as I know I could have returned it to Currys Go Figure!

Userlevel 1

I sincerely hope it’s now sorted but thanks!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

But if I had bought the phone from ID Mobile, direct. As far as I know I could have returned it to Currys Go Figure!

I think at one point Currys were going to ditch the “mobiles.co.uk” and Carphone Warehouse brands. Perhaps that’s why only items from iD Mobile can be returned via Currys. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’ve merged your two topics together as they both relate to the same issue.

I’m pleased to hear Mobiles.co.uk are sorting this.

We don’t have control over their returns policy so there isn’t much we can do about where they choose to accept returns.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?