Solved

cancel a sim only one month contract

• 19 January 2023
  • 6 replies

I received a monthly contract sim and I checked if I could get a signal where I live, apparently I can, well I’m not getting a good signal.

I’m trying to cancel as it’s a month contract sim only and I’m being informed I’ve got charges to pay.

i thought that there was a cooling off period where if I cancelled I would only get charged for my first month??

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 23 January 2023, 14:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You will be billed for the period from dispatch of the order until the date of cancellation even if you cancel under any cooling off period. It’s the same for all the networks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kimbert 

Your cooling off period is so you can return the plan and not be required to pay off the whole contract itself, you will only be liable for time spent on the contract.

If the contract was active for let’s say 5 days you would be liable for that 5 day period, but nothing more than that.

Tom

This is what I got when I requested to leave 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kimbert,

If you are within the returns period we can process a return instead.

Have you been able to get assistance elsewhere or would you like us to PM you to set up a return?

Kash

Yes please PM me

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Kimbert 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?